1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Junglist, 4 Aug 2017.

1. Basher

Sgarrista

Indeed. It also minimises the risk of putting all their eggs (money) into one basket.

2. Vanquish-Storm

Mobster

Chase wouldn’t let me sign up, says I don’t match my driving licence. Which is true but still haha!

Going to have to dig out my passport.

3. Bouton Aide

Suspended

meh

4. randomshenans

Capodecina

Debt is useful. Paying a 250k house off in cash would be the most stupid thing you could do, for example.

p.s. there's a new app called Chase

5. dLockers

Sgarrista

Ban

6. Martynt74

Capodecina

I feel like the thread title needs updating to add "WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT CHASE"

EDIT - Unless @randomshenans was trying to be funny of course.

7. randomshenans

Capodecina

[​IMG]

8. Martynt74

Capodecina

You never quite hit the mark so it's often hard to work out which way you're going :p

9. Martynt74

Capodecina

Not sure if there's a better thread but this seems relevant. Maybe the Trading the Stockmarket would be the only alternative.

Are there any issues going on at Visa?

I have current accounts with First Direct and Natwest, a few months back First Direct switched my debit card from Visa to Mastercard and i've just had an email from Natwest who are making the same switch. I assume HSBC are the same given they own FD. This article suggests Santander also moed earlier in the year.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-mastercard-natwest-idUSKBN2A40XK

Just seems an odd move as i'd have thought their offerings would be virtually identical and the effort to switch would be costly and time consuming.

10. mid_gen

Capodecina

I imagine Mastercard are just making their offering more appealing and making the switch as painless as possible.

11. sanaxe1

Soldato

My Advice is do not get a Revolut Metal Card if you are interested in the Smart Delay feature as its a load of ****. If you are delayed by more than 1 hour you are supposed to get upto 4 free Lounge passes. Well on Saturday my Flight was delayed and this is how it went down.

1. Firstly there system adds 1 hour on to your flight time so its impossible to claim one after 1 hour. You have to actually wait 2 hours.
    2. I waited 2 hours and phoned up the number you are supposed to call. A guy answered said he didn't know what to do and the other guy who did know is currently on the phone and that he would phone back. So there is literally 2 people managing this service.
    3. I get no call back.
    4. I phone 3 more times , this time they answer the phone but don't reply and put the phone down on the side so i can hear them eating and even the TV they are watching.
    5. Contact Revolut support directly this time instead who wanted proof the flight was delayed as there "system" was showing it was not, at this point my flight had been delayed by 17 hours.
    6. Revolut finally authorize use of the boarding pass and ask me to purchase 4 and they will refund me. The only problem is i had now been home for 2 days by this point.

Last edited: 21 Oct 2021
  12. tlrBeta

Wise Guy

More likely to be £ related - more kickback on interchange fee's, potentially some other uses around data available for purchasing cards and so on.

13. dLockers

Sgarrista

I have an RBS account from a past switching incentive I rinsed them on. They had the cheek to "green wash" their announcement email by saying the switch to Mastercard was also environmentally sustainable as the Mastercard is 90% recycled.......ignoring the fact they are sending 16 million VISA cards to landfill prematurely. Outrageous.

No idea what the swap is about but Revolut did the same a while back (I have the original VISA and a new Mastercard) and I think Curve? did too.

VISA seems to be least popular for Debit cards?

14. the-evaluator

Mobster

Revolut offer both. At one point you could pick which you wanted (I have 1 of each) but they now say that you can't. My original card was a Mastercard and if I try to order a new card now it'll be a Mastercard.

Curve has always been Mastercard only I believe.

15. tres

Soldato

Starling is also mastercard

16. Zenduri

Soldato

Anyone know how to change it so the analytics part of revolut crypto shows the gains/loss in pounds rather than dollars?

17. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

Starling have released Bill Manager! Their version of paying DD’s from pots. :cool:

18. tom_e

Man of Honour

Oooo this will be handy if Monzo go belly up and I need to move

19. LiE

Capodecina

I wonder if they will come up with a solution to regular card payments coming from pots.

20. robfosters

Caporegime

Why would Monzo go belly up? Have I missed something :confused: