Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
I would turn it on its head and ask what do you think you are putting in your body if someone is cooking that, buying the food and paying someone to bring it to you all for a fiver

Because they have massive buying power and everything is pre-made ding ding food. Equally you could go to an indy place and pay twice the price for the same budget ingredients found in the local Booker cash and carry.

Caporegime
Because they have massive buying power and everything is pre-made ding ding food. Equally you could go to an indy place and pay twice the price for the same budget ingredients found in the local Booker cash and carry.
This is true. It’s a quantity issue. Your regular cafe charges double the price of Wetherspoons for brekkie and the quality of product is no different. I should know, I’ve ate enough of them!

Soldato
Some fraud has happened on my Monzo account overnight, about £500 to Sky Bet. I’ve cancelled the cards and I’m on hold on the live chat to them now. This might be the final straw for me depending on how fast they react. I miss that I could ring First Direct and have someone answer usually in seconds.

Edit, card has been blocked, new one en route and they have said they will investigate and let me know within 24h.

Interesting that you say that.
In late November, I had just over £400 taken from my Monzo account and used on Sky Bet. Monzo refunded me within hours but there was no explanation.

Unfortunately it was the 2nd time money had been taken in a matter of weeks so I'm in the process of leaving them.

Soldato
Faith restored somewhat. I was refunded by midday without any resistance and my new card arrived today. I'm still baffled how my card was used, I rarely use it and I have a virtual card for any online payments where my Amex isn't accepted.

Might be worth a refresh of all passwords etc too, there's gotta be some way they were able to obtain your details.

Man of Honour
Interesting that you say that.
In late November, I had just over £400 taken from my Monzo account and used on Sky Bet. Monzo refunded me within hours but there was no explanation.

Unfortunately it was the 2nd time money had been taken in a matter of weeks so I'm in the process of leaving them.
How much was it exactly? Mine was 3x £140 plus a failed transaction of £255.
Might be worth a refresh of all passwords etc too, there's gotta be some way they were able to obtain your details.

I use 2FA and a password manager so I highly doubt that’s how it would have been done. I did use the card for an NCT class online payment, it was shortly after that so perhaps something to do with it but I’ll never know.

Soldato
How much was it exactly? Mine was 3x £140 plus a failed transaction of £255.

I use 2FA and a password manager so I highly doubt that’s how it would have been done. I did use the card for an NCT class online payment, it was shortly after that so perhaps something to do with it but I’ll never know.

Strangely 3x £140 transactions for Sky Bet.

The previous time was for a number of large transactions for First Great Western parking (hundreds each) and then various smaller transactions eventually going down to just a few pence until the account was empty.

Caporegime
I had money taken as well during my own stupid PC security issues.

Some scammer was buying Xbox subs and gifting them to other email addresses.

Monzo refunded me in a matter of a few hours. No calls needed either, everything was done through the app.

Commissario
To confuse things even more, despite me not ordering a replacement card and even though I cancelled my Revolut account on Saturday, I've just had an email telling me that my new standard card is on the way and will be here by the 17th December :confused:

Back
Top Bottom