Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
Revolut use the same processor. I was in Germany back in April, I think it was and they went down. Couldn't use either Revolut or Monzo.

Could be worse. Look how many times Natwest customers are left with problems ;)

Soldato
I have family in the UK that use Revolut and they really like the service. Nothing like that appears to have taken off in a big way over here, as far as I'm aware. Personally, I find that I am able to stick to a pretty tight budget without needing to limit my spending using a pre-pay card, and greatly appreciate the benefits that I get with my credit cards. However, I am sure that they're useful for many people, and believe that giving people more tools to control their spending is never a bad thing. :)

... Especially helpful with stupid 4 weekly pay.

The norm over here seems to be biweekly pay. I hate strongly dislike it. :(

Soldato
Thinking of using something like this for my US road trip - only way I can think of to keep track of 3 weeks spend!

Soldato
I have family in the UK that use Revolut and they really like the service. Nothing like that appears to have taken off in a big way over here, as far as I'm aware. Personally, I find that I am able to stick to a pretty tight budget without needing to limit my spending using a pre-pay card, and greatly appreciate the benefits that I get with my credit cards. However, I am sure that they're useful for many people, and believe that giving people more tools to control their spending is never a bad thing. :)

The norm over here seems to be biweekly pay. I hate strongly dislike it. :(

Revolut is mostly used as a travel card and a way to beat getting charged for foreign spending. Not to manage a budget. The soft banking that they do now is more of an after though. I don't think they have any intention on going for a banking licence and becoming a proper current account.

Soldato
If anybody wants a queue jump invite to Starling Current Account send me a message in trust - preferably a long time forum user so 100+ posts.

I think I also have a Monzo golden ticket so again if anyone wants to join them pre current account message me.

Back
Top Bottom