Mooli?

Associate
Due to the supermarket obscuring the label with a reduced price sticker, I've accidentally bought some 'mooli' instead of parsnips for my dinner. Never heard of it. Roasting it as I write - what have I let myself in for?

Associate
OP
They looked like parsnips I swear. Anyway, results were not good. They ain't no parsnip. Bitter and cabbagey.

Man of Honour
They looked like parsnips I swear. Anyway, results were not good. They ain't no parsnip. Bitter and cabbagey.
They're white, smooth and have totally different green bit at the top. Were you drunk.

I found them bland once cooked, but fine.

Associate
OP
They were double wrapped in translucent plastic bags, with a big reduced sticker around them. They were the same shape and colour as parsnips. I didn't inspect that closely - just assumed and chucked em in the trolley.

I try not to go shopping drunk - makes my buying decisions unwise :)

Caporegime
mooli is used in punjabi cooking. mooli waley prontay being a favourite. paratha to all the brits on here. basically same as a methi wala prota except with mooli.

it's also used in salads with a bit of salt and pepper on top.

they don't cook it on it's own or boil, it. it's more like a carrot in flavour and texture but not as sweet.

Back
Top Bottom