Moped car to come next year.... dear god why!

Soldato
The mind boggles.

On one hand there are thoughts to restrict newly passed drivers in what they can do yet we're going to allow 16 year olds to get in woefully underpowered pieces of ****.

:confused:

Man of Honour
I've heard of people stopped by the police before for holding up the traffic due to not keeping up with the speed limit (not sure if theres any specific legislation?). Unlike a moped these can't be easily overtaken in the same way.

Soldato
You can drive that on a moped license? Surely they are not letting people out on the road with less than 1 days training! Sure it only does 28Mph, but that can still do some serious damage.

I'd also like to see what one looks like after 28Mph into a tree.

Soldato
Nothing more than a money making tool to get the under 20's to spend their money on driving.

The license will be cheap, the car is extortionate and the insurance will be murder. Yet, a whole year later, they will have to apply for their provisional and learn in a normal car. I can only see it as a money making exercise or some parents with money to burn keeping their children happy.

Soldato
I think it'll be perfect for people of all ages who want a 'cheap car'. "It uses hardly any petrol and is great for around town" they will say when trading in their 1.2 59 plate Kia.

Soldato
bet youd be able to count the number you see on the road in the next year on one hand of the lepper youd find behind the wheel

Associate
How is that any different to just allowing 16 year olds to drive standard hatchbacks with some black box whizzardry to limit them to 28mph?

Any more info on this new law? Sounds very strange.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
As if sitting behind a moped gang at the lights wasn't bad enough!

I hate the sound of mopeds, most annoying sound of all time :/

Soldato
That's going to be more dangerous on the roads than mopeds. A moped doing 28mph is easy to pass that car is going to be hard work.

How long till teens deristrict them, lower them and find sports exhausts.

Back
Top Bottom