Morba's log - A mans love of coffee and cake mmm

Caporegime
OP
Hoping to compete around the country a bit more next year :D

You have made the same point many have made though, cornwall is some distance even for me in Bristol, let alone people who aren't in the south west region!
On a cold winter weekend, out of holiday season it will be interesting to see how many enter.
On a plus note, its outside the main shopping plaza, so should have a half decent passing of people who might get interested :D

Man of Honour
Speaking to the choir.

Influence of pr0n on gym gains was something I wanted to study at University during my Sports Science degree, but was denied the opportunity.

Is this why you keep worrying about tearing the skin on your palms and fingers? ;)

Caporegime
Yep. One side has got Marks and Spencers, a Weatherspoons and a few other shops and the other has got bakeries, pubs and a fish market. Basically, if you get hungry you won't have far to walk to find food :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Looks like Master Woodruff is doing well already! :cool: :D

He loves it, came to a comp with me on Sunday (the other 3 in my gym were competing, Laurence Shalaei called me a pussy for not taking part lol) and was getting right in the mix.
The official tog took a great pic of him chalking his hands hehe. He was carrying the block of chalk (in the bag) for them in the arena :)

http://johnwhitemedia.co.uk/p413508265/e4548e248

Man of Honour
Legend, we used to have a strong man living in my street when I was young. I've completely forgotten his name but I'm pretty sure he's dead now :( He used to get all of us kids to stand on his yoke as weight :D

Caporegime
OP
Ah the weekend, events training :D
This is always the 'fun' part of training :D

Today just 2 of us, normally this would mean a crap session lacking in motivation, throw in a cold Sunday early morning and things generally take a dip..... Except for today!

Log one motions - essentially lap the log then drive it overhead from the lap, rather than cleaning to chest then pressing it.

70kg warmups
80kg x a few singles
90kg x2 (PB, previously only done this for 1)
95kg x 2 singles - PB woo
100kg x 2 fails. So close.
97.5kg x1 PB!!
100 is only 2.5kg more ffs come on!!
100kg x1 ROAR PB :D

Block press - yes the one from the vid at start of page. Not touched this since then. Still scared of it.
Clean is easy, floor to chest rather than lap now, quick and saving energy. Press still scares the **** out of me. I get it above me head in a position I should easily be able to press..... but can't. Scared, can't put head through.
1 rep. Bad times, not happy.

Loading to high platforms then unloading to start point.
Kegs: 90kg, 100kg, 120kg - all 4-5 metres from platform.

2 runs of this, the unloading is harder than the loading lol.
Awesome for cardio this, and bruising the arms!

atlas stone shouldering - 80kg atlas stone, get it onto your shoulder and look like a god.
3 reps straight out then 1 for 1 with the other person.
8 or 9 reps in total, another cardio killer lol.
This is simply badass, forget wood chops on a cable machine, stone shouldering is great for hips, back and core :D

Home for subway (steak and cheese foot long with extra cheese) and a gingerbread costa :D

Back
Top Bottom