More Royal Mail Strike on its way...

Soldato
Royal Mail told me today they have no vacancies till December. What are they playing at here? :confused:

Nothing to stop them making the temporary workers permanent, I'm surprised they haven't done that.

Soldato
HURRAH!!!

I've already had a slap from an eBayer over a wayward cheque that's yet to appear at their end after nearly 3 weeks (cancelled it yesterday and will send another tomorrow. Hopefully it'll get there this time). Gotta love RM.

Soldato
I'm actually not annoyed by this at all.

Or rather, I was until I finally switched all my bills over to paperless and decided to hand deliver all my Christmas cards this year. For those who live in other cities, they're getting ecards.
I've also been making the effort to choose courier shipping over RM for any online purchases. I don't mind paying a little more just to do my part in giving RM less business.

No Competitors!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe their fall in parcel services is due to their lame *** attempt at delivering and pricing. Couriers are the way to go for private businesses aren't they? Maybe they should be more competitive? This is my vague knowledge on the situation.

Man of Honour
On no not again, time to get those orders in, at least they have to give seven days notice of strike action. God knows when the current backlog will be cleared.

Soldato
On no not again, time to get those orders in, at least they have to give seven days notice of strike action. God knows when the current backlog will be cleared.

Yeah, it's rather pathetic at the moment. My building is currently only receiving mail 3 or 4 days each week. Still exactly at 11am like normal, just on random days.

Soldato
Well, they are going to bring about the demise of RM.

Like ALL strikers, they set up their own downfall.

Something I love about the hypocrisy of unions if the head of CWU earns 4-5x more than a postie.

Sack 50% of the workforce, use 25% of the savings to pay the other 50% overtime to work the missing shifts. It will be a hard few months why a massive recruitment campaign is underway. Then sack the other 50% of the work force and do the opposite. Allow posties to reapply for their jobs if they wish, but on RM's terms, not the CWU.

Soldato
61,623 voted strike. Apparently we have 2million unemployed? I'm pretty sure that 61k could be replaced with competent willing people to work. They're just going on strike for the sake of ******* striking.

Edit - I'm too slow Stellios. :(

Edit2 - They're moaning about modernisation!!?!? How do you modernise postal and parcel delivery!? RM can't be the medium for e-mail that would be retarded. How do you modernise it, seriously, how?

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, they are going to bring about the demise of RM.

Like ALL strikers, they set up their own downfall.

Something I love about the hypocrisy of unions if the head of CWU earns 4-5x more than a postie.

Sack 50% of the workforce, use 25% of the savings to pay the other 50% overtime to work the missing shifts. It will be a hard few months why a massive recruitment campaign is underway. Then sack the other 50% of the work force and do the opposite. Allow posties to reapply for their jobs if they wish, but on RM's terms, not the CWU.

Could get quite messy with over 60,000 workers involved ;)

Back
Top Bottom