Morning noise

Soldato
What's the earliest that workers, particularly people laying paving on drives are allows to start work and banging..?

Just got woken up 20 mins ago with them hammering the blocks. And after I late night I'm now getting a little ****** off.

Anything legal wise about Saturday mornings, or have I got to put up with this?

Don't fancy going round and confronting them as there your typical Irish gypsy type family going door to door and likely to do something as a parting gift.

Update, they've got the petrol cutter out now :mad::mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Enjoy the day! It's amazing how much longer days are when you don't laze around in bed until late morning ;)

They did you a favour

Soldato
OP
Naw just a one off as their having the drive relayed. They've been they're for the last 3 days at this time but I'm up for work at 6 in the week so not an issue for me.

Enjoy the day! It's amazing how much longer days are when you don't laze around in bed until late morning ;)

They did you a favour

Not with 4 hours sleep they didn't.

Last edited:
Soldato
Remember sat is pretty much a normal working day nowadays. If it had of been before 7 I'd completely understand, suck it up :) or buy some ear plugs. I'm sure I it was your job/income you wouldn't be worried.

Last edited:
Soldato
It depends on local authority regulations, each has variations but usually 7/8am - 6ish via planning conditions for actual developments but DIY is hard to police, you would need to complain to Environmental Health.

Soldato
OP
That's it I'm getting up now, Theve stepped it up a gear. Got hammering, cutting and skip throwing combined now.

Soldato
I believe the anti-social noise hours stated in the noise act are 11pm-7am. However, councils often advise 6pm - 8am. I think you'd need to take it up with your council.

Soldato
I believe the anti-social noise hours stated in the noise act are 11pm-7am. However, councils often advise 6pm - 8am. I think you'd need to take it up with your council.

I would have thought that the Laws on tootling ones horn in a built up area would be a reasonable guide.

Soldato
You miserable old git.
It's not like they are going to be out there six months working on it. They'll probably be finished by the end of the weekend.
Have a bit of tolerance!
7am isn't stupidly early.
(It was 8am when I was a building site contractor working on high rises in london many years ago though)

Caporegime
If it was every day that's a different story

But one weekend? Just go out for day. Of all weekends so far this isa bbeautiful to do so

Man of Honour
I would have thought that the Laws on tootling ones horn in a built up area would be a reasonable guide.

i had to get onto the council about horn tooting at 4:45am!
every morning a guy in a white transit would pass my house whilst tooting 100x
turns out it was the paper delivery guy 'waking up' the owner of the newsagents next door, they had this little system where the driver would sound his horn whilst passing the newsagents to a prior delivery then come back 5 mins later
the council managed to put a stop to it once id got the guys registration number

Soldato
I've been clattering and banging for a couple of months now... Never past 7/8ish in the evenings and never before 9am ish. Certainly only 3 maybe 4 days a week at most.
The neighbour has come and had a rant but there's nowt she can do legally. I've bought a house I want to do up and unfortunately that's just tough ****

I tried to keep things friendly but she hasn't.

Back
Top Bottom