Mortal Kombat X officially announced

Soldato
I vaguely remember the xbox games, but this looks like a totally new experience. Gotta love the new engines!!! :D

Mortal Kombat X will be released on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, according to Warner Bros.

Given the fact the game will be cross-generational, it seems likely that the below trailer isn't made from gameplay footage, but so far both WB and NetherRealm have remained mum on exactly what it shows off. The game will apparently be on show at E3 next week, so hopefully we'll be able to tell you more very soon.

The studio has also claimed that MKX "launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together."

Original story and trailer follows.

Original story: Mortal Kombat X has been officially announced for a 2015 release with a new trailer showing off an incredibly atmospheric battle between the iconic Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

The trailer, which you can see below, looks absolutely incredible. A number of key features were shown off, including the return of personal weapons as well as environmental interaction that allows you to rip branches off trees and beat your opponents with them.

The video also shows off the X-Ray attacks introduced in the 2011 reboot of the franchise, which gruesomely depict body parts getting broken and bruised. Check it out.

Soldato
You should play the last game. Was absolutely amazing apart from a stupidly hard final boss. Really excited for this. Loved MK9 and Injustice.

Soldato
so much want for this after that one video,

if the gameplay and graphics are anything near that i'm sold

Soldato
Why? Games are generally £30-£50 with a £20 season pass these days. It's only £35 for the base game which is pretty good. MK/Injustice had pretty a pretty lengthy/fun story.

Soldato
Why? Games are generally £30-£50 with a £20 season pass these days. It's only £35 for the base game which is pretty good. MK/Injustice had pretty a pretty lengthy/fun story.
The £24.99 DLC is what makes the game complete :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'm going to safely say that MK1, MK2 and MK3 ultimate played online using kaillera are going to be better and more stable than this. Plus MK2 online tournaments are awesome

Soldato
Im sorry but the prices and season pass is starting to get disgusting now. Im with halfmad wait for the GOTY for a fiver, maybe a tenner at most.

Soldato
Looks good but at that price they can go do one and not only are they over charging for the base game they try to bend us over with release day DLC.....sigh.

No thanks I'll wait till its £2 in some websites sinbin which I'm guessing most people will do.

Soldato
How is £35 expensive? Isn't it about normal for a game.

No, a good game is worth £35. One that i'm 90% sure will drop to a 'GOTY edition' for £10 or something similar very quickly is not worth £35.

Just like the Steam version of MK, the one were 1,2 and ultimate were included. At first it was pretty expensive and there were quite a few people playing it online. Now there is no-one playing it online

Its best to just get a multiplayer client like Kaillera where there is a big community of people playing things like Streets of Rage online. I ended up playing Streets of Rage with 2 other random Russians for hours :)

Soldato
No, a good game is worth £35. One that i'm 90% sure will drop to a 'GOTY edition' for £10 or something similar very quickly is not worth £35.

Just like the Steam version of MK, the one were 1,2 and ultimate were included. At first it was pretty expensive and there were quite a few people playing it online. Now there is no-one playing it online

Its best to just get a multiplayer client like Kaillera where there is a big community of people playing things like Streets of Rage online. I ended up playing Streets of Rage with 2 other random Russians for hours :)

Your comparing games from the 16bit era the a current gen beat em up. Can't comment on Mortal Kombat 9 on pc as I only owned it on 360 but games like SFIV had a big following on PC when I last played

Back
Top Bottom