Mortgage Application Question

Soldato
Hi,

On the 7th April me and my partner are hopefully going to be making an application for a mortgage on our first house.

We're worried however that my partners earnings are going to harm the application, we've discussed with a mortgage advisor previously about our salaries and they are happy with these but unfortunately she was off work for 5 weeks over Dec/Jan due to complications with a pregnancy, because of this and her employer only paying SSP her Jan/Feb wages have been around £4-500 less than normal.

Are there any people here who are very clued up on this kind of thing as to if it will harm our chances of approval when we come to apply and they see such small amounts going into her account from bank statements/wage slips?

Thanks!

Soldato
My mortgage application was based on a salary I hadn't yet received as I applied after a pay review but before next pay day. Previous pay slips and an email from my employer stating my new salary was sufficient. I'm sure if she gets a full payslip between now and then and gives an explanation it will be fine.

Associate
With my Mrs being a teacher and her first job not starting until the September it was based on expected earnings.

They were happy with a written statement of contract and expected salary due from September. We moved into our house in the July before her starting her job.

Soldato
If you've got payslips before she went off get these as well. The more material you can provide to backup your claims that those couple of months were due to unforeseen circumstances the better.

Soldato
We had something similar but thankfully we were applying for a mortgage with the same bank our wages get paid in to, so they just looked back until they found a consistent pattern.

If you take plenty of her previous wage slips and explain the circumstances I shouldn't see it being a problem.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the responses you've definitely helped calm our nerves, the house is absolutely perfect and in an area we've had our eye on for years so are really worried about any potential problems. I'll send an email to our mortgage advisor so he's aware well in advance :)

Back
Top Bottom