** MOST EXCITING PRODUCT LAUNCH IN HISTORY - CAUTION - TOO EXCITING **

OcUK Staff
You knew this wasn't going to be exciting so don't whinge now!

Let's talk about cable management.

Plastic cable ties have done a decent enough job, cable managing our setups, for over 2 millennia (maybe less, maybe more, i'm guessing). Now however the discerning PC enthusiast is interested in products for cable management which are customise-able, re-usable and looks a damn site better than a clipped piece of plastic.

Label the Cable have your more discerning tastes covered! They make more than just cable labels so you don't have to follow a wire back to your PC or peripheral when you are trying to figure out what to unplug, or playing the plug lottery trying to guess which plugs are live and which aren't.

They have labels for cables (unsurprisingly), velcro rolls, individual velcro loops, command strip velcro wall ties, Cable tubing, as below, and more. The velcro cable ties come in a range of colours for differentiating different loops or cables in systems or on desktops. You can use the wall mount ones for cable managing under your desk or on walls. The products are really versatile and it's one of those whereby how you use it is only limited by your imagination.

Enter Label The Cable:

yhz8zdG.jpg
Product: LTC Cable Tube, Cable Management Cord Cover Self-Closing & Adjustable Cable Cover (black)

qALoZch.jpg

Check out the full range here:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=label+the+cable

For people who don't want to invest that much time, there are a few examples below to scan through!

LTC Basic, Cable Management Ties (black) @ £4.49 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LTC-Basic-Cable-Management-Ties-black-CB-006-CB.html

LTC Cable Management Ties, Cord organiser, Two-sided hook-and-loop tape, Strap remains firmly fixed to the cable, Soft velour quality, 10 Pieces, Re-usable, 17cm, Black

Only £4.49 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

LTC Roll, Cable Management Tape Roll (black) @ £4.49 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LTC-Roll-Cable-Management-Tape-Roll-black-CB-000-CB.html

LTC Cable Management Ties Tape, Two-sided hook-and-loop tape, Soft velour quality, Especially gentle on all surfaces, Strong adhesion, Cut to length, Reusable, length 3m

Only £4.49 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

LTC Pro Roll, Cable Management Hook and Loop Tape (black) @ £32.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LTC-Pro-Roll-Cable-Management-Hook-and-Loop-Tape-black-CB-002-CB.html

LTC Pro Roll, Cable Management Tape, Two-sided hook-and-loop tape, Soft velour quality especially gentle on all surfaces, Strong adhesion, Cut to length for individual needs, Reusable length 25 m

Only £32.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

LTC Cable Tube, Cable Management Cord Cover Self-Closing & Adjustable Cable Cover (white) @ £17.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LTC-...d-Adjustable-Cable-Cover-white-CB-00H-CB.html

LTC Cable Tube, Self closing design cord cover, Can be fitted without disconnecting equipment, Cut to length, Flexible and robust, Resistant to temperatures from -50 to +150 °C, length 2 m

Only £17.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

LTC Mini, Cable Management Ties with Labels (mixed) @ £5.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LTC-Mini-Cable-Management-Ties-with-Labels-mixed-CB-00E-CB.html

Cable labels with hook-and-loop band, Small and inconspicuous, Simple attachment, Reusable, Entire length 9 cm, hook-and-loop tape width 1.1 cm, label size approx. 3 cm x 1.8 cm, 10 Pieces

Only £5.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

LTC Pro Wall, Cable Management Clips Self-Adhesive (white) @ £19.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LTC-...ment-Clips-Self-Adhesive-white-CB-00B-CB.html

Self-adhesive cable clips/cable ties with touch fastener, Super-adhesive on nearly any type of surface, Takes 4 cables, Remove without leaving residue, Length 9 cm, Sticky surface is 3x3cm, 50 Pieces

Only £19.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

LTC Wall, Cable Management Clips Self-Adhesive (White) @ £4.49 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LTC-Wall-Cable-Management-Clips-Self-Adhesive-white-CB-00A-CB.html

Self-adhesive cable clips/cable ties with touch fastener, Super-adhesive on nearly any type of surface, Takes 4 cables, Remove without leaving residue, Length 9 cm, Sticky surface is 3x3cm, 10 Pieces

Only £4.49 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
The outside cable braiding product is a very good idea, bit pricey mind but i'm sure they will sell. Your going to have other companies copy this, and it's amazing this product has not been released before.

Last edited:
Associate
The outside cable braiding product is a very good idea, bit pricey mind but i'm sure they will sell. Your going to have other companies copy this, and it's amazing this product has not been released before.

Retrofit sleeving?

£17 for 2m is on the rather steep side imo.

OcUK Staff
OP
Sent TechTeam GB a sample kit for him to go through. You can check out his video below.

With regards to pricing I think mostly people are getting confused with the "PRO" range which is meant for tech professionals, installing kit for their customers. They are industrial sized packs and therefore cost more (obviously you get a discount per metre still).

On the other consumer packs looking at other products out there which are similar I, personally, do not think they are overpriced. They are at the top end of the price range, but the quality of the product is excellent, it is a German brand and the products are all extremely well engineered and made.

What I will look to arrange is some sort of discount code for forum members to receive some discount so that you guys can get the products in your hands and then decide for yourselves. I'll try and arrange this before the end of the week. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I also have 5 more of the sample kits like the above one sent out to Techteam GB.

Post your cable fails below and my favourite 5 will be sent a kit which they will then have to come back here, review and contrast with their "before" photos. I'll choose the winners to receive the kits on Friday.

Please post your forum name on a piece of paper on the photo so I know they aren't just grabbed from online :)

OcUK Staff
OP
You weren't lying! This is exciting! :p

It just got real...

sh-t-just-got-real-o.gif

OcUK Staff
OP
I knew it... Obviously all our customers have perfectly managed setups and don't need to win any free cable managing gear...

I know someone who'll be up for it. He'll probably untidy his cables to take a photo and enter the competition if he hasn't already!... @gradyhawks come forth!!!!

I also have 5 more of the sample kits like the above one sent out to Techteam GB.

Post your cable fails below and my favourite 5 will be sent a kit which they will then have to come back here, review and contrast with their "before" photos. I'll choose the winners to receive the kits on Friday.

Please post your forum name on a piece of paper on the photo so I know they aren't just grabbed from online :)

Soldato
I knew it... Obviously all our customers have perfectly managed setups and don't need to win any free cable managing gear...

I know someone who'll be up for it. He'll probably untidy his cables to take a photo and enter the competition if he hasn't already!... @gradyhawks come forth!!!!

Id untidy my cables just to win free gear..
So here we go.
NDsHuv2l.jpg da9tDikl.jpg

ZPProBYl.jpg
*disclaimer i did not actually untidy anything it truly is that messy*
Also yes thats a paint tin hiding bad cable management

OcUK Staff
OP
You missed a couple of letters out at the beginning man... :D

I wonder how many mods did a double take to make sure i'd missed them off?! :)

Id untidy my cables just to win free gear..
So here we go.
NDsHuv2l.jpg da9tDikl.jpg

ZPProBYl.jpg
*disclaimer i did not actually untidy anything it truly is that messy*
Also yes thats a paint tin hiding bad cable management

Unicorn wins a set for being the first, trust me your details and I'll send a sample pack out. Please post "before/after" photos back here once you've had chance to clear up that godforsaken spaghetti mess you call a setup :p

Soldato
Unicorn wins a set for being the first, trust me your details and I'll send a sample pack out. Please post "before/after" photos back here once you've had chance to clear up that godforsaken spaghetti mess you call a setup :p

Sent. Spaghetti mount will hopefully be destroyed and cables will be good to look at rather than be hidden

Back
Top Bottom