Most ridiculous penalty ever?

Caporegime
Yeah I saw this earlier, I've seen a few like that you'd think goalkeepers would learn. It's lucky the taker didn't boot the ball in disgust as it came back. Also, I was just as amazed by the 20-19 score line.

Ske

Ske

Associate
Showed my Dad this on Sunday who used to be a referee. Unless the law has changed he said it shouldn't have counted. As soon as the ball moves away from goal the penalty is over (only applicable in a penalty shoot out scenario). Haven't bothered to verify that mind :p

Associate
Showed my Dad this on Sunday who used to be a referee. Unless the law has changed he said it shouldn't have counted. As soon as the ball moves away from goal the penalty is over (only applicable in a penalty shoot out scenario). Haven't bothered to verify that mind :p

That can't be right surely? If the ball comes off the post, away from goal, but then rebounds in off the keeper, it wouldn't count either in that scenario?

Ske

Ske

Associate
That can't be right surely? If the ball comes off the post, away from goal, but then rebounds in off the keeper, it wouldn't count either in that scenario?

That was very similar to my reply in the pub! I still haven't researched it :( someone do the honors?

Back
Top Bottom