Mot Failure?

Soldato
Hi All,

just replaced front and rear discs and pads on the subaru outback, Oil, Brake fluid and coolant and noticed these bushes not looking too healthy. It's got an mot due on 23rd just wondering if these will most likely be fails. Seems the other side of the car has all new parts and this side not so guessing the previous owner just replaced bits as they failed. If these are failures are they easily replaceable by myself or judging by the look of them better to give that headache to the local mechanic.

Thanks

IMG-0273.jpg

IMG-0277.jpg

IMG-0278.jpg

Soldato
OP
Yeh already had to bend the plate back as its falling apart and one side has already been removed by the previous owner. Will get the grinder out at some point and cut it off.

Soldato
OP
Passed by the skin of its teeth by the looks of this report. I still have the back discs and pads to redo again. Looks like I need to factor in brake pipes at some point and a good few other things :p

Front Tyres are 4mm at outer edge as the tracking is off and they had slow punctures. Annoying as middle tread is like new.

Screenshot-2022-06-01-130244.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the input. Had it jacked up and had a look. The brake pipe is covered in grease gave it a wipe looked fine but will get a garage opinion. The CV boot / joint. With it looking original is it worth just replacing them entirely with new drive shafts guy said it was about the same amount of work. Tyres I will get some new ones and a 4wheel alignment and checking the castor and toe must be a reason its wearing away the outer edge while inner is like new.

What is the last two never seen that one before Service brake fluctuating.

Back
Top Bottom