MOT on thurs think I need new exhaust, what should I expect to pay?

Soldato
Hey there, I'm no expert on cars but my MOT is arranged for thurs, around 6 months ago the metal around the "box" on the exhaust at the back came off (a sheet of metal around the box) and the guy at the garage I go to said it will eventually get a hole in and it could happen next week or within a year, my exhaust isn't smoking badly or anything but it's puffing a lot more, will this pass it's MOT or is it likely to fail? When he said i'd need to replace it he said the back end of the exhaust to around halfway up the underside of the car would need replacing he quoted me £100ish inc labour, is this about right? (It's a Clio 1.2 Grande btw)

Hope that makes sense, cheers!

Associate
Spikey said:
Hey there, I'm no expert on cars but my MOT is arranged for thurs, around 6 months ago the metal around the "box" on the exhaust at the back came off (a sheet of metal around the box) and the guy at the garage I go to said it will eventually get a hole in and it could happen next week or within a year, my exhaust isn't smoking badly or anything but it's puffing a lot more, will this pass it's MOT or is it likely to fail? When he said i'd need to replace it he said the back end of the exhaust to around halfway up the underside of the car would need replacing he quoted me £100ish inc labour, is this about right? (It's a Clio 1.2 Grande btw)

Hope that makes sense, cheers!

sounds about right. backbox + rear centre section.
around 60 in parts, and 40 in labour at least.

nearly 200 on the mondeo for catback parts and fitting.

but, if it is smoking, doesnt matter whether the exhaust is there or not, tha means something more crucial is wrong. depends on how much it is smoking though.

Back
Top Bottom