Motherboard for this system - advice please

Soldato
Hi,

I've been having a BSOD problem for a while and I've narrowed it down to either the Motherboard or PSU. So now the only way I can tell is to replace these parts, I'm going for the Motherboard first.

This is my spec:
Win7 64bit
i5 760
8GB RAM
GTX 470
ASUS Xonar D2
ASUS P7P59D-E
OCZ ZS Series 650W '80 Plus Bronze'

My question is, which Motherboard should I get for this system? Can anyone tell me the cheapest one that would run my setup properly (Low on money at the moment), and I'll get one second hand. I'm not interested in overclocking or anything.

Thanks for any advice :)

Soldato
OP
Man of Honour
I would have gone straight for a memory problem. You have probably tried all this but have you set the correct voltage and timings in the bios? Tried running at 2T instead of 1T? Tried a single stick in all of your boards slots (1 slot at a time)? Could be a faulty slot.

The thing with the page fault one is that it could be anything from faulty hardware to a dodgy driver or a corrupted/not working service.

Soldato
OP
I would have gone straight for a memory problem. You have probably tried all this but have you set the correct voltage and timings in the bios? Tried running at 2T instead of 1T? Tried a single stick in all of your boards slots (1 slot at a time)? Could be a faulty slot.

The thing with the page fault one is that it could be anything from faulty hardware to a dodgy driver or a corrupted/not working service.

Yeah I was hoping it was a memory problem but I don't think it is. The voltages are set correctly, timings I haven't touched so I guess they should be okay?

I am not sure what 2T instead of 1T is either?

I've run memtest with a single stick in each slot with 0 errors.

Back
Top Bottom