Motherboard Sata Connection

Associate
Hello ,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I was looking to add an SSD to my system .

Apart from the eternal question of which one to choose i have different issue that i require help with .

from the gigabyte website for my mobo
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3281#sp

(Note 4) Due to a chipset limitation, the SATA2_4 and SATA2_5 connectors only support AHCI/RAID mode.
i understand i need the AHCI for the ssd , my graphics card however covers the RAID (purple sata connections) which i believe i need.
I can fit a sata connector there, only just, if i squeeze it in . I was wondering would this cause damage as there is very little space there ?

Any help/advice or suggestions would be welcome thank you.

Ivan

Associate
OP
No i wanted to add a ssd ,however my graphics card covers the sata ports on the mobo that i believe i need to use ie the 2 raid/ahci mode ones .
could i use the other standard sata connections for the ssd as they dont seem to be capable of supporting ahci ?

Associate
OP
satacovered.jpg
[/IMG]

picture of problem , 2 sata connectors in use 4 covered including the ahci ones needed:mad:

Soldato
Ohhhh I read your post completely wrong! I was wondering why your graphics card has sata onboard!

The other SATA sockets should support AHCI just fine. The way I read it, it comes across as the SATA ports mentioned dont support other modes.

Back
Top Bottom