Motherboards, GPUs and blotwate. Hmmmmn

Associate
Gathered some bits for my 16yo for Christmas so he can do his first RGB build.

Was going down the MSI Tomahawk and 3080 Gaming Trio with Corsair case and node commander etc.

Got the Corsair obsidian, MSI Tomahawk, but failed on the Gaming Trio. Got a gigabyte 3080 OC in the end ( which might be a better card anyhow).

The thing is....
Now hes going to end up installing msi app to control rgb on motherboard, aureus for the gpu and iCue for everything else. All a bit bloated.

Should I sell the tomahawk and at least get a gigabyte board (socket 1200) - so only 2 apps.

Is there anywY to get the gpu rgb through iCue, perhaps attach directly to the Corsair controller?

Welcome thoughts

Associate
Although it might be preferable to have fewer of these control programs, no way on earth would I spend my money, or more importantly time, to align the brands of the components.
Especially since the 3 parts are very highly rated as being good quality individually. In all probability, you will spend an hour or so fiddling with these & then leave them on those settings forevermore.
You've got some great kit which (in the case of the 3080) many people are going to struggle to get hold of. Be happy !

Associate
OP
Although it might be preferable to have fewer of these control programs, no way on earth would I spend my money, or more importantly time, to align the brands of the components.
Especially since the 3 parts are very highly rated as being good quality individually. In all probability, you will spend an hour or so fiddling with these & then leave them on those settings forevermore.
You've got some great kit which (in the case of the 3080) many people are going to struggle to get hold of. Be happy !
Thank You for taking the time to respond.:)

Back
Top Bottom