Motherboards with PCI-X slots

Associate
hey guys,

anyone knows of non-server class motherboards with PCI-X slots?

I can only find Asus P5WDG2-WS for Intel and Asus M2N32 WS which have PCI-X slots.

are there any others?

thanks

Associate
OP
Hmm.. server class stuffs are too high end for me. but i would like to utilise my SCSI hdds at the same time and not limited to using PCI-X scsi controllers on PCI slots

Associate
OP
i do have a Pentium M 755, but i've already paired it with an AOPen i915Ga-HFS.

anyway, i'm looking for a mobo for my main rig which will most likely be an E6600. So i think my best bet would be the Asus P5WDG2-WS.

Soldato
naro said:
hey guys,

anyone knows of non-server class motherboards with PCI-X slots?

I can only find Asus P5WDG2-WS for Intel and Asus M2N32 WS which have PCI-X slots.

are there any others?

thanks

I have the P5WDG2 WS Pro, can only say that I am very pleased with it, very easy to work with. :)

Associate
naro said:
Hmm.. server class stuffs are too high end for me. but i would like to utilise my SCSI hdds at the same time and not limited to using PCI-X scsi controllers on PCI slots

aa yes. that makes sence. problem is, will you not be cutting features which you would get from a normal board? if you get me? the question is, how much of a decrease in promance is going from pci -x to pci?

Associate
OP
Theguy said:
aa yes. that makes sence. problem is, will you not be cutting features which you would get from a normal board? if you get me? the question is, how much of a decrease in promance is going from pci -x to pci?

PCI is only 32bit at 33Mhz = 133Mb/s shared among all the PCI slots.

PCI-X is at least 64bit at a min of 33Mhz and up to 133Mhz. Hence a bandwidth of 266Mb/s to 1064Mb/s depending on how many slots of PCI-X shared in that pipeline.

thats quite a lot of bandwidth different. And adding a rotational speed of 15k rpm, i think its going to be very much performance difference.

Back
Top Bottom