Moto G 5th Generation

Soldato
any idea of price? I've got Moto 1st gen (and still a great fast phone)

I'm still using a 1st gen too.

As above, £170 for the 2GB one. Whether I'll get one, I don't know. The 1st gen was only £90 when I got one and the lack of SD card aside, it still does what I need without feeling like it's too slow. I had a Huawei G300 previous to that which did feel frustratingly slow by the time I decided to get new phone and was like a snail compared to the Moto G 1st gen.

Soldato
Looks great. My girlfriend's S4 mini (I think, maybe the S5? :confused: ) is on it's last legs. Finally a decent 5.2" phone. 5.5" is just too big. I've had my OnePlus One for two years now.. this might be my next phone.

Soldato
I've pre-ordered as a replacement for my Moto G4. CPU appears to be slower on the G5 (Snapdragon 430 vs. 617) but I'm keen to have the extra GB of RAM.

Caporegime
OP
I've pre-ordered as a replacement for my Moto G4. CPU appears to be slower on the G5 (Snapdragon 430 vs. 617) but I'm keen to have the extra GB of RAM.

the Gen 5 Plus is the best one from the range

Larger Screen
Better CPU
More Battery
Better GPU
Choice of up to 4GB of RAM

I'm guessing it will be £200-£250 which is quite expensive IMO, better off buying something older second hand.

The normal Gen 5 Moto G is cheap and the £180 (£10 extra 3GB version) is the one to go for as it has extra RAM for your £10. Don't know why anyone would buy the £170 version tbh with only 2GB RAM.

Soldato
I think i read £250 for the G5 Plus, which is simply too much. I paid about that for my LG G4 (cracking phone, sadly deceased).

I've gone for the 3GB one.

Associate
My g4 has been a nightmare, looking at net there's a lot of faults with them, buyer beware on g5

I'm on my 3rd G4 Plus. The first 2 were plain G4s and both were badly affected by the ghost touch problem and both were returned and refunded. My G4 Plus Dual SIM was fine right up until the Nougat update. Now it goes into a boot loop for up to 10 minutes about 50% of the time. Battery performance is a lot worse and it did the ghost touch, fortunately only the once shortly after the update.

The biggest problem I can see with the latest Moto Gs is that Lenovo is now the owner and their support is the worst I've ever seen and experienced. If you look in the forums there's problem after problem with the supposedly expert moderators spouting corporate BS without actually resolving any problems. We've had all the generations of the Moto Gs up to the G4 but this is the last one we'll buy.

Associate
Was going to buy a G5 for the GF birthday present, to replace her G2. That phone had lots of overheating problems. If the weather get remotely hot it just can't cope! (I told her to buy it too, so I kind of feel guilty :) )

The new phone not needed for another month, so wait and see what people think of it.

Caporegime
OP
G5 plus sold out within minutes in india.

G5 plus 3GB RAM version is £185. G5 Plus 4GB version is £210.

very good prices for Asia. I see it being overpriced here in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom