Moto G 5th Generation

Associate
Got mine yesterday, so far so good. Fingerprint reader is very responsive and the extra RAM is definitely welcome (3GB model). Nice upgrade from my 1GB G4 play work phone. (can confirm no NFC but does have compass).

Associate
No NFC is such a shame.
I used to have NFC, never used it.

The places that accept the likes of android pay (from my experience) are few far between, and I've not once seen anyone present their phone to pay for something.

Am sure there are other uses for it, but fewthat are beyond just being a gimmick.

Soldato
Took delivery of the 3Gb G5 yesterday from Amazon. This is supposed to be my backup phone and I'm really surprised how fast and fluid this device is. For those not wanting a top spec phone this is ideal. Doesn't break the bank either. Good job Lenovo!

Soldato

The places that accept the likes of android pay (from my experience) are few far between, and I've not once seen anyone present their phone to pay for something.

Am sure there are other uses for it, but fewthat are beyond just being a gimmick.

I use it everyday, most places have contactless payments now so just booping my phone is awesome.

Associate
Took delivery of the 3Gb G5 yesterday from Amazon. This is supposed to be my backup phone and I'm really surprised how fast and fluid this device is. For those not wanting a top spec phone this is ideal. Doesn't break the bank either. Good job Lenovo!
Yea very smooth! So much better than my old Lumia and G4. I doubt I'd need anything more powerful than this for the foreseeable future. Makes you wonder about the highest end phones, I mean unless you're into hardcore gaming on your phone then I just don't see the appeal. (this plays games pretty smoothly too btw)

Soldato
Agreed...Unless you want a top notch camera in the same league as the S7/Pixel range and don't game this is ideal.

I saw a YouTube video and the G5 isn't bad either in the gaming department.

I can't see the justification in paying through the nose for devices these days.

Soldato

I wouldn't say you're in the minority, but I see people paying with their phones basically every day. I'd started using AP all the time, but on my OPO it got very buggy and wouldn't get accepted at a lot of places so I've given up on it for now. I really liked it though and would use it. I see people using it for tube rides, coffees.. everything..

Soldato
Had my G5 since Sunday (3gb version) and while fast I'm having issues with enough apps to think the phone is faulty.

Amazon underground, takes forever to actually load, once in, anything i press takes an age to respond.

Netflix, also takes a lifetime to actually open, once open appears to work fine though.

Sky sports news, opens fine, crashes constantly and randomly. Sometimes with graphical anomalies.

When enabling Bluetooth, the slider button has some graphical defects, only when enabled.

Some websites act like the Amazon app mentioned above, loading forever then unresponsive.

Anyone else having similar issues or has this got return written all over it?

E: all sliders both on and off have some graphical corruption now :(

Caporegime
OP
to everyone moaning about this phone not having NFC get the lenovo P2

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8454&idPhone2=6033&idPhone3=8319

basically lenovo p2 is better than the G5 in every department bar bluetooth and possibly android OS.

bigger screen, faster cpu, better gpu, AMOLED vs IPS, triple the battery life, more RAM.

lenovo p2 is only £200. I'm thinking of going that way now over the G5, I think it's worth the extra £20 for the lenovo P2 however the P2 does have some issues too, read the official thread.

lenovo need to get their act together.

Associate
Got mine yesterday, so far so good. Fingerprint reader is very responsive and the extra RAM is definitely welcome (3GB model). Nice upgrade from my 1GB G4 play work phone. (can confirm no NFC but does have compass).
Thanks for confirming that. Could you (or anyone else) please post a screenshot from the CPU-Z app showing which sensors the phone has? From the information I've seen it should have a compass and a gyro but would be good to know. If that's the case is NFC the only sensor this phone lacks compared to flagship phones?

Soldato
to everyone moaning about this phone not having NFC get the lenovo P2

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8454&idPhone2=6033&idPhone3=8319

basically lenovo p2 is better than the G5 in every department bar bluetooth and possibly android OS.

bigger screen, faster cpu, better gpu, AMOLED vs IPS, triple the battery life, more RAM.

lenovo p2 is only £200. I'm thinking of going that way now over the G5, I think it's worth the extra £20 for the lenovo P2 however the P2 does have some issues too, read the official thread.

lenovo need to get their act together.
I am tempted but the audio sync issues put me off.

Soldato
Had my G5 since Sunday (3gb version) and while fast I'm having issues with enough apps to think the phone is faulty.

Amazon underground, takes forever to actually load, once in, anything i press takes an age to respond.

Netflix, also takes a lifetime to actually open, once open appears to work fine though.

Sky sports news, opens fine, crashes constantly and randomly. Sometimes with graphical anomalies.

When enabling Bluetooth, the slider button has some graphical defects, only when enabled.

Some websites act like the Amazon app mentioned above, loading forever then unresponsive.

Anyone else having similar issues or has this got return written all over it?

E: all sliders both on and off have some graphical corruption now :(

For anyone interested I sorted this...The slow apps and general responsiveness was down to a duff Micro SD card that I was using, removed it all apps load up nice and fast, the graphical issues on sliders/notifications and SSN app, removed the SSN app and thats fixed all of that too, including sliders and notifications, happy days.

Soldato
Mine turned up this afternoon. Been setting it all up. Moving from a z3c to this is a huge step. Really pleased so far. Fingerprint login is a revelation :D:D

Soldato
Thanks for confirming that. Could you (or anyone else) please post a screenshot from the CPU-Z app showing which sensors the phone has? From the information I've seen it should have a compass and a gyro but would be good to know. If that's the case is NFC the only sensor this phone lacks compared to flagship phones?

No compass which is a bit annoying on the g4

Back
Top Bottom