Moto X+1... let the hype-beasting begin!

I Must say that Fed-Ex (Who shipped my first one last month) shipping information was much better, with a lot more detail.

Ours were probably in the same shipment so i would expect you will have yours today / tomorrow / monday

Agreed on FedEx.

Such speedy delivery would be most welcome. I hope yours is as stormtrooper-ish as you desired!

Yup. My second one arrived today. Side by side I prefer the one that arrived today. Really impressed with the White and black combo.

It's sat on charge at the moment and will set it up tomorrow.

So what software version are you guys running? Has anyone had the lollipop update yet?

I've read over on XDA that some users have had the lollipop update and are running 22.21.11

4.4.4 on System 21.21.42 on my new one - not sure about the older one.

Same as mine as you would expect and probably same as your original.

No Lollipop as yet for our XT1092 as far as I know. Think other versions have had it (XT1095?) and some talk of Verizon Moto X's. Hopefully soon but not interested if there are some annoying bugs.

4.4.4 on System 21.21.42 on my new one - not sure about the older one.

Same as mine as you would expect and probably same as your original.

No Lollipop as yet for our XT1092 as far as I know. Think other versions have had it (XT1095?) and some talk of Verizon Moto X's. Hopefully soon but not interested if there are some annoying bugs.

Thanks fellas, as ever you've been really helpful.

Over at XDA makes for interesting reading, it seems that the new update increases battery life quite considerably.

Over at XDA makes for interesting reading, it seems that the new update increases battery life quite considerably.

I've not had a read over at XDA for a week. Last time I looked there was some grumbling that the Lollipop release was buggy. Not sure if this was an unlucky few or more widespread. This was on the Moto X '14 forum of course.

Battery seems pretty good for me anyway. It's idle use is streets ahead of the old model. I seem to lose 2% of battery every 3 hours at night which seems pretty good to me. I usually charge overnight but occasionally I've forgotten to plug charger in when putting moto x on its charging dock.

I don't leave chargers plugged in when not in use. I personally don't trust them. Had a torch charger recently left charging a torch. Went to unplug it and the plastic case came clean off and very nearly burnt my fingers. Damn thing was melting it's case and could easily have caught fire if had been left much longer. A house in the village caught fire last summer after a phone left charging in a bedroom caught fire - so Fireman Sam said after his investigation.

Be careful with the leather backs, it marks too easily for my liking.

From what I've seen the immediate effects of a scratch or ding look bad (as is to be expected), but as with other leather items those scratches fade and blend in over time (hopefully looking rather characterful).

Are yours not blending in at all? And what leather did you go for?

I Must say that Fed-Ex (Who shipped my first one last month) shipping information was much better, with a lot more detail.

Ours were probably in the same shipment so i would expect you will have yours today / tomorrow / monday

Despite ours appearing to have been on the same shipment, mine looks to still be in China...

From what I've seen the immediate effects of a scratch or ding look bad (as is to be expected), but as with other leather items those scratches fade and blend in over time (hopefully looking rather characterful).

Are yours not blending in at all? And what leather did you go for?

Mine's the one that is on sale on Amazon, so just a standard black leather. There's a few marks on it and it's only a few weeks old. But I am rubbish at looking after my phones.

Plenty keep getting offered up over on XDA although I think they're mostly US codes. Ask on there?

It's amazing how many people have multiple spare codes when they obviously asked for the codes on Cyber Monday because they had every intention of purchasing multiple devices!

Plenty keep getting offered up over on XDA although I think they're mostly US codes. Ask on there?

It's amazing how many people have multiple spare codes when they obviously asked for the codes on Cyber Monday because they had every intention of purchasing multiple devices!

I'm not a member; would be pretty shallow of signing up just to get a code. I might try and find a cheap one on eBay if no kind soul on here has one :) I tried to avoid black Friday/cyber Monday like the plague but kind of wish I spotted this one.

Back
Top Bottom