motor insurance legal protection. worth it?

Associate
I think it's become the norm and generally accepted. I've always been hesistant in explaining to friends/family that it isn't needed because I wasn't one hundred percent sure.

I don't because I assume my car insurance covers me for all damage and injuries sustained, if I get a legal letter relating to an accident, it gets passed onto the insurance company and they're the ones taken to court.

If I felt the need to sue for injuries I'd get a no win/no fee. The only advantage I see is less of a hassle when recovering costs from an uninsured driver.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;21704748 said:
Thats what your car insurance covers.

did some guy on this forum not kill a woman in london while on his bike, he had to pay out loads because he declined legal protection?

( i say he killed but it was more a case of she killed herself by thinking she was harder than a bike)

Soldato
legal protection.

it means they will appoint one of their panel of loss recovery scam artists on your behalf, and get a kick back for it.

in real life, you can just phone one of these 0800 claim to gain places yourself. the call is free if youve got "whippie" and need to claim some "compo"

Associate
depending on the AMC and the insurance company in question, it can be a good thing and it can be a bad thing.

some AMC wont provide like for like courtesy car, some do. some will deal with certain claims but if something changes they wont deal with it further etc.

The other thing with AMC is that if theres any problems with the repairs etc, the insurance company may not take the claim back on because you would have signed a contract with the AMC saying they are dealing with it. so there is no right or wrong answer really each have their perks i suppose.

its the same with the tv ads for windscreen repairs/replacement where "you dont have to advise your insurance company as most of them use us", theres a few cases where this has come back and stung a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom