motor insurance legal protection. worth it?

Man of Honour
I thought it was to have legal protection if the accident was deemed to be your fault.

I thought it was protection so the person you put in a wheelchair won't take every last penny and see you and yours on the street?

Thats what your car insurance covers.

Soldato
TBH, i'm not even sure what legal cover gives you? Can anyone tell me more about it rather than just saying it's a con? I assume those further up the thread who have said it's a con actually know what it is? I'm all ears :)

EDIT: And why i shouldn't take out Legal Protection when i next renew?

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;21705856 said:
What have you needed it for?

I assume he hasn't needed it yet, in the same way that i haven't needed car insurance yet.

I always assumed legal protection was there to pursue the 3rd party in the event i was injured in an accident and couldn't work.

Man of Honour
I used my own legal cover to provide assistance on a claim made against me on someone elses (hired) vehicle that was towing a trailer when it came to understanding what was and wasn't insurred. It helped me out and clarified I was covered when said 'loaner' was saying I wasn't. It was useful as a sounding board more than anything.

Soldato
It only covers the legal costs of recovering uninsured losses from an at fault third party, if you are involved in a non fault accident the no win no fee claims management companies will do the same for nothing.

The unit cost is around 50p, they sell it for £20 ish.

Back
Top Bottom