Motorcycle Couriers

Soldato
Hi all

This is something ive always wanted to do, Is there anybody on here that can maybe give me some pointers on it, Pros & Cons and also places to look for work as I cant find much around my area..

Ive been looking on getting out of my current work for some time now (Warehouse) It pays the bills but ive done it for 8 years and don't enjoy it anymore

Cheers

Soldato
Con: Being relatively difficult to see and not at the forefront of a drivers mind and actively choosing to be in that position for some 6-8 hours per day.

I'm all for career expansion but you should aim significantly higher buddy.

Soldato
OP
Con: Being relatively difficult to see and not at the forefront of a drivers mind and actively choosing to be in that position for some 6-8 hours per day.

I'm all for career expansion but you should aim significantly higher buddy.

Thanks bud, i was considering motorcycle mechanic but trying to get work without a qualification is difficult

Soldato
Look outside the window , do you want to work in that ?

Motorclye courier work is low paid and dangerous , I wouldn’t imagine there Is much call for it now in all honesty . I made a good living out of it for three years in London before the arrival of E commerce and cheap next day parcel delivery . You would be better off working for DPD as a van driver .

Soldato
OP
Look outside the window , do you want to work in that ?

Motorclye courier work is low paid and dangerous , I wouldn’t imagine there Is much call for it now in all honesty . I made a good living out of it for three years in London before the arrival of E commerce and cheap next day parcel delivery . You would be better off working for DPD as a van driver .

Thanks for the heads up bud, Wasnt sure if it was well paid tbh, Funny you should mention DPD, Im currently working AM Shift at DPD but only have a full motorcycle licence so cant get on the road in a van yet :( I was looking to get into IT a few months back but had no luck, Still looking to change careers into something i would enjoy and something that will help my kids have a good life :)

Soldato
go be an Uber driver, or an uber food delivery (you can use a bike for that). I wouldn't be a courier in any industry, target driven, low pay and hidden costs.

The film Premium Rush always makes me want to be a bike messenger in New York for a few months just for the experience but outside of a major city, I think you'll struggle with such things.

Man of Honour
Have to say the risks versus reward don't seem to stack up for me. Though I have quite prominently in my mind an acquaintance as a kid who was one - got in an accident while doing it around 1989 was in a coma for many years and got back on a bike for the first time I think 2015 or maybe 2016.

Back
Top Bottom