Motorola Razr 2019

Caporegime
It honestly boggles my mind that people can't see a benefit. You don't have to want it yourself, but it's fairly simple premise as to why you would want a phone that folds in half and to not understand that seems odd to me...

The only plus point I can see it 'new toy' factor and 4 square inches of extra pocket space

Soldato
I think this is amazing. The idea is well executed, folding phones like this are a very new thing and will most certainly get better. Personally I prefer this over the Samsung fold. It's hardly any surprise at the cost either, it's new tech.

Not the phone for me, be I love it nonetheless.

Soldato
The only plus point I can see it 'new toy' factor and 4 square inches of extra pocket space

Yes and that's what boggles my mind that that's what you think the only appeal is. Why would you want 4" extra space in a pocket? I don't put anything else in a pocket with my phone! I love a big screen, but they don't always actually fit in pockets. Fold it in half and it will fit all my pockets.

Caporegime
Yes and that's what boggles my mind that that's what you think the only appeal is. Why would you want 4" extra space in a pocket? I don't put anything else in a pocket with my phone! I love a big screen, but they don't always actually fit in pockets. Fold it in half and it will fit all my pockets.

Surely the cost and compromise of the phone it's cheaper to get new clothes?

Negatives
Poor camera
Poor battery
Durability issues
Flagship price
No water proof
No sd card

Positives
Folds

Just feels you give loads up for a fold

Caporegime
Why are you listing issues with the Razr? Your comment was -

Which is what I'm answering.

My bad. I thought you were in support of this phone.
Yeah if it truly got nailed in design it's no bad thing.
At minute no true solutions

Do feel the real benifit is having phone size tablet rather than small phone

Soldato
Surely the cost and compromise of the phone it's cheaper to get new clothes?
Right now, it is... because it's new tech.
My Galaxy S5 was about £600 when it first came out... but a couple of years later I got a brand new one for only £20 when I renewed my contract. So at that sort of depreciation scale, this current Motorola one will easily be less than £40 new by the time I'm ready to upgrade!! :D

Caporegime
Right now, it is... because it's new tech.
My Galaxy S5 was about £600 when it first came out... but a couple of years later I got a brand new one for only £20 when I renewed my contract. So at that sort of depreciation scale, this current Motorola one will easily be less than £40 new by the time I'm ready to upgrade!! :D

Please link me to where I can get a flagship phone after 2 years for £20?

Soldato
Please link me to where I can get a flagship phone after 2 years for £20?
Go to Vodafone.
Get a PAYG tariff.
Wait for them to call you up, with the claim that they can save you money.

They won't save you money if, like me, you only spend £10 a month on calls, texts and data while watching your usage like a hawk... but they will offer you a very competitive contract, and throw in what was a flagship phone two years ago for a one-off payment of £20.

Permabanned
Ive had a decent play with the phone and other than the fold it really is a total low end phone for stupid prices. It feels cheap and I just cant see the logic in it tbh.

The new Samsung fold which will fold the same way looks pretty good TBH but god knows what its going to cost!

Verizon is doing this at the minute with $500 dollars off the RRP and $200 on a Mastercard which much better than what its going for over here

Soldato
Loving all these folding phones which are coming out. I prefer the Galaxy Fold as a phone but I prefer the route Motorola are going. I'd much rather a phone the size of my 11 Pro but which can fold down to half the size.

This Razr isn't it but it's getting there. The mock ups of the new Samsung fold look perfect.

Caporegime
Turns out the hinge is complete ****.

'Motorola Razr's hinge lasts just 27,000 folds in durability test.'

CNET set up the Motorola Razr on a FoldBot machine, made by SquareTrade, with the intention of livestreaming the Razr being folded 100,000 times. It only got to 27,000.

If we take one study's estimate that Americans check their phone 52 times a day then the Motorola Razr could begin showing hinge issues a year and a half into its use.

Back
Top Bottom