Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
All past shows and PPVs are available on demand. Live events are available to stream and there is lots of behind the scenes / documentary stuff available too.

The WWE network costs £9.99 pcm, so you get great value for all the content considering all the PPVs are included. If F1 did this, I’d subscribe forever.
Ahh ok. That sounds similar to the other motorsport subscriptions out there (MotoGP and V8 Supercars). F1 should have been doing this years ago. Hopefully Liberty will bring F1 to the front from now on when it comes to this kind of thing.

You should really check out the MotoGP VideoPass, it allows you to pretty much direct your own race - 4 way split screens, trackside cams (I think) and all onboards.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ahh ok. That sounds similar to the other motorsport subscriptions out there (MotoGP and V8 Supercars). F1 should have been doing this years ago. Hopefully Liberty will bring F1 to the front from now on when it comes to this kind of thing.

You should really check out the MotoGP VideoPass, it allows you to pretty much direct your own race - 4 way split screens, trackside cams (I think) and all onboards.
If F1 get anywhere near MotoGP levels I’d be happy.

That said, I saw something from Liberty/Tat about using VR tech and coupling it with streaming that sounded awesome. I’ll see if I can dig out a link.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Here you go https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/07/technology-powering-f1-broadcasting-breakthroughs/

You’re, let’s say, in grandstand seven, you’re seeing probably cars going every one-and-a-half minutes, so ideally, if I could have an augmented reality experience on my phone, as the car goes by, I can probably then choose the car that I really am interested to follow. So as it goes by, I can pick up that driver and follow the driver around? That could be one augmented reality.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

https://www.racefans.net/2018/03/02/sky-responds-f1-tv-slashing-price-f1-channel-stream/

Sky has responded to the launch of Formula One’s F1 TV Pro streaming service by slashing the price of its F1 channel stream in the UK.

The Sky Sports F1 channel is now being offered on its Now TV platform at a reduced price £150 for nine months, allowing fans to watch all 21 races on the 2018 F1 calendar. It was previously available at £33.99 per month, or £305.91 for the same period.

Caporegime
If you read the link it's not just the F1 channel it's all the Sky Sports channels. And it still works out significantly cheaper than subscribing for 9 individual months! £16.66 per month compared to £34pm. Less than half price.

Caporegime
The biggest issue with nowtv, is no on demand so you miss half the races, need that fixed as well before its worth anything.
getting better, but still not interested in the other channels. slash it by 50% again and just 9 months of f1 channel.

I doubt sky will introduce recording on now tv, it's whole premise is on demand viewing and it would devalue Sky's main business.

Man of Honour
I doubt sky will introduce recording on now tv, it's whole premise is on demand viewing and it would devalue Sky's main business.
and that's where they fail to see the future and will suffer long-term.
not everyone can watch sports live. It's also why Netflix/amazon etc does so well, you can watch when you want.
just have to wait what is it 3 years sky have on their contract and then f1 can release on demand in the uk.

edit - blurggh 6 years of crappy sky.

so hope vpn works.

Caporegime
and that's where they fail to see the future and will suffer long-term.
not everyone can watch sports live. It's also why Netflix/amazon etc does so well, you can watch when you want.
just have to wait what is it 3 years sky have on their contract and then f1 can release on demand in the uk.

edit - blurggh 6 years of crappy sky.

so hope vpn works.
The majority of Sky content you can watch when you want through now tv anyway? And Sky aren't suffering at all. They've added customers every quarter since 2013. You don't get live sport to watch 'when you want' anywhere else?

Six years of a dedicated channel showing all the support races, practice and qualifying live with no prospect of it being cut short, interrupted by adverts, switching channel as the race has been delayed ruining your attempt to record it and shows repeated several times the week after, a dedicated magazine show, build up and post race analysis along with extra shows dissecting the race and looking at each individual teams performance?

Man of Honour
The majority of Sky content you can watch when you want through now tv anyway? And Sky aren't suffering at all. They've added customers every quarter since 2013. You don't get live sport to watch 'when you want' anywhere else?

Six years of a dedicated channel showing all the support races, practice and qualifying live with no prospect of it being cut short, interrupted by adverts, switching channel as the race has been delayed ruining your attempt to record it and shows repeated several times the week after, a dedicated magazine show, build up and post race analysis along with extra shows dissecting the race and looking at each individual teams performance?
nope, as f1 is about the only thing I want to watch on sky and I cant watch that when I want.
the world is changing and sky will suffer unless they move with the times, more and more young people don't even have a tv license let alone a tv package.
six years of hard to view stupidly expensive f1 shows, that have massively reduced viewing figures. so no it's not good in any shape or form.

especially now f1 have their own much better system in significant parts of the world at a far better price and far easier to consume.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I think it's actually a pretty top deal. All sky sports channels for £16/month? If I didn't have sky's full package at a reduced rate I would totally go for that.

Of course we'd all love F1 TV and I'm sure most of us will try and get it anyway but sky had no actual reason to drop the price, as Misschief alluded, they are doing alright as it is.

Soldato
Yeah if it gets the other sports channels I wouldn't mind arena for boxing. That's about it really. Maybe the golf...

Would much rather the F1 alternative but I think I'll get the Sky one this year. NowTV isn't in 4K, is it? It doesn't look like it when I use it.

Caporegime
Yeah if it gets the other sports channels I wouldn't mind arena for boxing. That's about it really. Maybe the golf...

Would much rather the F1 alternative but I think I'll get the Sky one this year. NowTV isn't in 4K, is it? It doesn't look like it when I use it.
For live now tv currently tops out out at 720p.

LzR

LzR

Associate
Still too expensive. I don't want their other sports channels i just want F1. Plus if it's really only a live stream and no on-demand that completely kills it. We don't all have the time/ability to sit there for the live show.

Man of Honour
Still too expensive. I don't want their other sports channels i just want F1. Plus if it's really only a live stream and no on-demand that completely kills it. We don't all have the time/ability to sit there for the live show.
i'm interested to see if the uk gets f1 tv (non pro version) that's none live extended highlights content of all sessions and they say available to most of the world. whats the betting not available in uk due to sky deal.
going to miss so many live stuff this year due to a new job. need on demand access. liberty media really need to never renew deals like sky again if they want to expand the sport.

Back
Top Bottom