Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
I think I may have been a bit too confident in some corners. I’ll definitely try and be less harsh on the brakes this time. There were only 4 of us on the track (racing against our time than an actual race) but I wish a few more as I would’ve been able to copy their lines.

Aiming for a best lap of around 55/56 tonight. Fingers crossed

Soldato
Don't forget to tap brake if you hit a banana too! :D

I’m so far back I’m more likely to get a blue shell or invincibility star!

It’s the first time I’ve gone in years. Probably at least 10 or so! I was proud that I never once span and needed to be flipped around. The other drivers had to be spinned a few times but maybe they were pushing more than I was :D

edit: My best time was a 55.2 this time with average lap of 57.4. Did better than I thought I would. They have a subscription running. £22 a month and you get unlimited go-karting on their 'arrive and drive' sessions. Very tempted. I'd only have to go 7 times to make it worth it's value.

Last edited:
Caporegime
April fools day?

Not a very good one really as F1 will likely go all electric in the future even if they joke about it now.
The next regulations are supposed to run through to 2025 or 2026. I suppose the idea of a new internal combustion engined car then will seem very strange indeed. Likely F1 will be either all electric or very much nearly all electric for those regulations. Just not yet.

Soldato
That's exactly what I was trying to get across with my point. If anything its just poor PR given the future direction of the car industry and the other Formula's they are trying to push like Formula E.

With one hand they are saying Electric isn't good enough while trying to promote an all electric series with the other, madness. They are also trying to take the mick out of people that criticised F1 for the noise when they switched to hybrids, way to alienate your fan base....

Soldato
The next regulations are supposed to run through to 2025 or 2026. I suppose the idea of a new internal combustion engined car then will seem very strange indeed. Likely F1 will be either all electric or very much nearly all electric for those regulations. Just not yet.

Formula e has all electric only rights for fia series for another 20 years!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Formula e has all electric only rights for fia series for another 20 years!
Yup. I have stated this previously but people seem blinkered that F1 is going to continue with burning hydrocarbons :p

Maybe by that point we will end up with a formula of giant electric engines and a small turbo petrol engine (1.0L) used solely as the KERS boost.

Man of Honour
Yup. I have stated this previously but people seem blinkered that F1 is going to continue with burning hydrocarbons :p

Maybe by that point we will end up with a formula of giant electric engines and a small turbo petrol engine (1.0L) used solely as the KERS boost.

or perhaps the population will have woken up by then to the fact that batteries are equally if not more harmful to the environment, the ingredients in limited supply without destroying numerous ecosystems and the fact that our electrical supply grid can barely meet our current requirement.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

or perhaps the population will have woken up by then to the fact that batteries are equally if not more harmful to the environment, the ingredients in limited supply without destroying numerous ecosystems and the fact that our electrical supply grid can barely meet our current requirement.
You don’t need to convince me, I work in the power industry.

My point was, at some stage in the future F1 and Formula E either have to merge or the trend toward electric vehicles needs to U-turn.

Back
Top Bottom