Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
In other news Dusan Borkovic has been banned from TCR Europe for another post race altercation.

As regards Britains most premium energy drink ... I'm content to grab the popcorn and wait for the truth to come out. There was always a whiff of something not right about Storey.

Soldato
Looks like high degradation tyres are being abandoned. It looks good if they are going back to balls out racing, along with ground effect to cut down on aero that doesn't work when behind another car.

It has also emerged that F1 is looking at a whole new approach to tyres too, as the sport prepares for a switch to 18-inch wheels.

Rather than pursuing a push for rapidly degrading tyres that has dominated the recent era with Pirelli, F1 wants to head down a route that will allow drivers to push harder for longer.

The FIA’s head of single seater technical matter Nikolas Tomazis said: “We want to have tyres that enable people to fight each other without degrading or only giving a short interval for the person attacking to attack.

“What the current tyres are is a product of what has been asked of them [Pirelli], and I think we need to ask them to do different things to what they have been asked in the past.”

Soldato

Just to add - 893 incident points for that team, mainly for abusing track limits. Lando and Max got busted down 3 license classes to the iRacing equivalent of Formula Ford for that.

I started the earlier 2am race for our lads. Some iRacing screw up meant we only had 44 incident points to last the 24 hours. Should have been about 300! By sheer grit, determination and skill somehow we made it to the finish without getting disqualified. Big shout out to @MikeTheNative, he was our MVP!

Man of Honour
OP
Errr Renault aren't having the best time are they?
Spotted on the way to Hungary:

EAo0UHwWsAIKVas

Man of Honour
Driver went to hospital with minor injuries. Apparently it looks like he hit the centre reservation and bounced into a ditch the other way.

Let's hope it's not the cars or engines in there.

Soldato
Friend of mine sent me some short vids and photos he took of when he went to Le Mans and also to the recent Haas Family Day.

I put the videos together into one. It shows the flying man who I believe is the same guy that recently crossed the channel, a corvette at Arnage Corner, Grosjean on a Silverstone simulator, and a Haas wheel change demo at normal speed and slow motion.

Some photos of the Le Mans circuit on one of the pit walkabout days,

IMG-20190708-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190708-WA0004.jpg

Magnussen's car being prepared for Silverstone,

IMG-20190714-WA0000.jpg

And pre signed comp slips from the drivers.

IMG-20190714-WA0001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom