Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Gasly has been shocking, miles away from Max every race. This was inevitable.

Sure, but this early in the season and Albon?

I'm a big fan of Alex, but he hadn't turned a wheel of any F1 car till February this year and is now in one of the top seats under massive scrutiny. I hope he does well but a promotion this big this soon could be disastrous for him.

I want to know their reason for not choosing Kvyat.
There's multiple potential reasons why, but I want to know specially their reason lol.

I suspect they have seen how Kvyat handled it first time round and wanted to examine Alex under those pressures..
They'll then give the 2020 seat accordingly.

I hope Gasly has a good showing in TR for the remaining part of the year, life as a RBR young driver must be mentally bruising.

Soldato
I want to know their reason for not choosing Kvyat.
There's multiple potential reasons why, but I want to know specially their reason lol.

I reckon it will be down to their history. I'd rather have seen DK in there myself. They have almost certainly made the change to get second in the Constructors Championship as its only about 40 points in it and Gasly just isnt scoring enough so they may as well roll the dice? (Which is why i would've went for the established DK myself...)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Got to hand it to RBR. They design a car around Verstappen, hammer Gasly for not getting close to him, tell the world that he's safe and they have no plans to replace him...and then six days later replace him. Inspiring management from Helmut Marko, simply inspiring.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Got to hand it to RBR. They design a car around Verstappen, hammer Gasly for not getting close to him, tell the world that he's safe and they have no plans to replace him...and then six days later replace him. Inspiring management from Helmut Marko, simply inspiring.

These are my thoughts too. Blowing all that smoke in the media then just straight up being two-faced. I'd tell them to stick the TR seat, gasly has been poor and taken a lot of flak for it too, but in the real world of F1 that's career over sadly. I don't care who drives in that second seat unless they're up there with Verstappen, they all feel like easily forgettable drivers tbh.

Soldato
Does indeed look great, but I'd hold your breath until the aerodynamicists have pored over the rules and they make them all ugly again to save 0.005 per lap. I'm half expecting it to be another 2014 like season of 'chode-noses' where someone finds a loophole in the rules to exploit.

Magnussen and Hulk do NOT get on.
True, but Haas are going to have that problem with pretty much every driver because Magnussen is such a prat.

Soldato
Man of Honour
It looks great! Looking forward to seeing the evolution and final design of the front wing.

The side pods and the revised floor with ground effect aero look really nice.

Sounds like they are really going town and pouring over the regulations to close up any potential loopholes as well.

Hopefully they manage to close any significant loopholes. These changes do sound promising. Great looking cars that can follow each other closely, exactly what F1 needs. Hopefully drs might then go.

Soldato
I really dislike the wheel covers, and halo still looks like an afterthought, but that is a good looking car.

Agree on closing significant loopholes that may permit all kinds of aero furniture suddenly sprouting up everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom