Mountain Bike trousers

Soldato
Just wondering what everyone uses?

I just want some normal looking baggyish trousers for riding the bike.

My only real requirements are that they don't rip on the chain rings and that I don't look like I went to clown school to get them.

No need for them to be waterproof, have some over-pants for that.

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers,

Soldato
My work mates take the wee wee out of me but I use these for cycling to work. The non DXB ones are about a tenner a pair and have a pair of those too. Lovely and warm and so comfortable, especially with a pair of padded cycling shorts underneath.

Soldato
I've got some Endura Humvee trousers. Very good, velcro on the cuffs and on the calf so you can stop them flapping round the chain, clips for the optional liner, and plenty of pockets.

Associate
Cycling in trousers is painful! With waterproof over trousers = very sweaty and more painful!! If you must though, then the Endura ones are very well made. Personally I'd go fo Endura shorts and some comfy padded cycing shorts underneath.
When it gets very cold then substitute the cycling shorts for a pair of 3/4 or full length warm tights.

Soldato
I have some 3/4 length shorts that i use on my mtb. Got them from tesco for a tenner.

They are great, they dont get stuck in my chain and they let the air get in the vents on my shin pads. They also have more pockets that i could ever need.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the responses guys.

Tights are a 100% no ;) Spandex is a privilege, not a right :p

I quite like the look of the Endura Humvee but I cannot see any sizing information for them.
They have a sizing chart thing that *should* tell you but it doesnt mention length :/

Ill stick an email to them and find out.

Cheers dudes.

Soldato
I got a pair of Endura Hummvee shorts delivered today (the ones with the 6 panel liner included) they're -extremely- comfy, reasonably warm, lots of padding around the ass (should stop the chafeing :D) I've yet to try them on the bike but they're looking good. If I'm pleased with them then I'll be buying some trousers by Endura too.

Soldato
I wear something much like this

awrwnn.gif

though normally with a T shirt over the top. Honestly :)

Back
Top Bottom