Moved from Android to iPhone 11 - Think I made a big mistake?

Soldato
I know speaking with a few forum members over the past week, many were of the same opinion as myself regarding the latest phones. There is no perfect phone, they all have their issues with one thing or another.

So...yesterday I grabbed the iPhone 11 black friday deal to see if I could go back to using an iPhone and generally be part of the apple ecosystem. It's been five years since I last owned one. I quite fancied having the apple watch, and as I work away from home a bit an iPad for watching movies would be great. Hell, with my hotel vouchers I might even get the airpods for when I go to the gym.

My ties with googles ecosystem and products

Oneplus 7 Pro
Google One plan with Family sharing, Photos, GMail, Drive, Keep, Calendar, Pay
Google Maps with location sharing on
Google Home and Chromecast
Nest Thermostat, Cameras, Philips Hue, Somfy Blinds
Spotify, YouTube Premium(family shared)
Samsung Galaxy Watch, Samsung Galaxy Buds

Here we go

Maybe I need to give it more time, but I'm really not liking the experience. It feels like I'm using a phone from 5 years ago. Not much has changed.

If anyone is contemplating a similar move (I know a few of you are from previous conversations I've had) this thread may help. I'll put down my thoughts as I spend the next few days getting used to it.

I have 14 days to return it if I don't like it, but that will mean going to the Pixel4 (which has it's own set of issues)....

Thoughts...

The Good

Initial setup very slick. One system update to do, and that's it! No waiting ages for all the apps to update.

FaceID / Apple wallet is fantastic. Setup in seconds, no messing about. Natwest card went straight in. Didn't have to jump through as many hoops as I did with Google pay.

Lockscreen notifications are cool. You can see you have one, and only when you look (unlock faceid) does it open out so you can read it. Really like that.

Carplay is brilliant. Much faster than Android Auto.

Bluetooth is brilliant. Connected to my bose headphones and both cars first time. Pretty much every android phone I've owned has struggled with bluetooth at some point.

Camera is impressive and I really like the wide lens. How many phones have great quality photos with a wide lens? (whilst at the same time not having crap software). I rule out samsung for it's software (personal choice)....and the pixel doesn't have a wide lens.

Widgets over on the left side look pretty. Apple do the best UI.....apart from the google maps widgets. They don't support dark mode so look out of place. Maybe google managed to avoid apples app guidelines when submitting their app.

I really like the bedtime routine feature in the clock app.

The Bad

Apples keyvault isn't a patch on googles smart lock. I've signed into 20 apps and 5 websites yet it's only saved 3.

Notifications don't stack. It's a pain when you get lots of work emails coming from outlook lol

Using a google account in the mail app doesn't support push, only fetch. This means you don't instantly get your emails. To get around this, you can download and use the gmail app (no dark mode yet).

Organizing the home screen is a major pain. To move icons into folders, you have to first long press (this triggers the pop-up menu), wait till it starts to shake. Let go, long press again until it kind of jumps up, then move it into a folder. You have to repeat the whole thing again if you want to move the icon within the folder. This felt really sluggish.

I have had many instances where pressing the back button on an app doesn't do anything. Outlook and onedrive definately did it. Took about 5 presses before it registered. Other apps do the same.

Keyboard isn't a patch on gboard. I've had lots of typos when using swipe. It also seems to take up a lot more of the screen than on Android whilst feeling smaller. My whatsapp chat windows seem a lot smaller for sure.

Searching for someone only shows me their contact, not every interaction I've ever had with them.

No split view. Didn't think about this until I needed to use the calculator to add up lots of numbers from an email. That was a pain.

I asked Siri where I parked my car. She didn't know. I have checked that the locations settings are set right.

I asked Siri to delete a reminder, she said the service was unavailable.

Despite having an A13 processor, it feels slow. I think it's by design to save battery life? Apps seem to refresh all the time. Google Maps is stuttery.

Apple music looks great and fully supports the apple watch, but lacks content for me compared to spotify. It also doesn't play nice with google home, no cast support (to be expected). You have to set the home to bluetooth, but typical google bluetooth is buggy. Apple music web is in beta and a bit meh. Deciding if I should stick with Spotify, but the spotify apple watch app is supposed to be utter crap.

Unless I buy an expensive AppleTV, I can't see an easy way of showing my photos on the TV. Unless I use google photos.

Can't find a way to sync reminders and notes to my windows PC. At least with Google it's all in the cloud (one click away in chrome). Apples icloud page is very feature lite in comparison.

Everything generally feels one tap too many.

Things I don't know yet

Still don't know what the volume buttons are doing. Volume for the ringer, alarm, media? I'll have to research this.

When I snoozed my bedtime alarm I couldn't figure out how to cancel it. On Android you can do this straight from the notifcations.

Day 2

Slowly getting used to ios now. FaceID is brilliant, always works 100% of the time unlike the fingerprint scanner which was about 85%

Signed up for my free 12 months of AppleTV+. There's a TV show on there about a space race with the Russians. No idea how I'm going to watch that on the TV though.

Missing the gorgeous 90hz OLED screen, but overall happy with the choice I made. The iPhone has a way brighter screen though. It's the cheapest new iPhone which makes a good test for an ecosystem switch. If it doesn't work out, the phone will be handed down to my son. People who own 90hz screens have probably got used to it, but moving back makes you realize how much better it is.

Moved all my documents from drive to onedrive. Think it's a good idea regardless, and maybe should have done this a while ago. Makes it's easier on my laptop too. Apples files app links in third party services including onedrive. That's clever.

I have swapped my google home for an amazon alexa. This supports all my nest products, philips hue and apple music. Two hours in and I'm already thinking it's a better overall package than the google home. I'll admit I was wrong to assume the opposite. Really liking alexa. It also links into my vodafone sim plan, and I can make a phone call to it (great to spook the kids lol)

Just ordered a 4k Fire stick from Amazon £29. That'll do apple TV+ and also act as an apple airplay reciever for my photos......it's all starting to come together.

Using Siri whilst in Carplay caused it to lockup and crash. It might be the Anker lightening cable I'm using so will have to check that later tonight.

Notifications are dumb, you can't interact with them.

The notification numbers on the top of icons are fast becoming a pain. Natwest says I have 1, and my gyms fitness app says 2. When I go into the apps I don't understand why? There are no natwest notifications for me to read, same with the gym app. When I long press on the icons to bring up the menu, ios doesn't show you the notifications only it's widget. That's pretty crap. What are those numbers telling me!!!!!!

Not sure how to sync notes to my PC. Think I'll ignore reminders and use Alexas instead.

Debating on a wireless charging pad today.

Day 3

Battery life! OMG. How much left. Didn't put it on charge last night and it's sitting at 71%. OK, so unlike the first day, I wasn't on it all day, but it did get plenty of use.

Siri crashes Carplay. It's not the cable. Looking online I think it's an iPhone 11 bug. Oh well, Siris rubbish anyway.

Do not disturb during driving is great. Starting to realize that this iPhone comes across as quite basic on the surface, but under the hood it's actually quite powerful.

Siri is starting to keep track of where I've parked. Four journeys now have been recorded in maps.

Day 4

I was on a course yesterday, and again today so this will be very brief. Really starting to like the iPhone....A LOT. Battery life is just silly good. The damn thing never seems to drop. Didn't use my phone much yesterday, but I got through the day and still had over 70% battery life. Didn't charge it last night, and this morning it was still over 70% what?

Maybe I have a bit of OCD, but unlike the oneplus icons where when you set them to round they add horrible extra white padding the iphones are all square. Yes, they are always going to be square. You can't change that, and you know something....I actually quite like that you can't. It's an OCD thing. Using an icon pack an android always had some missing icons, so you had 90% round ones, and 10% square. Looked naff. Plus oneplus has a launcher bug where the favourites on the shelf add padding in error. They also have a second bug where sometimes long pressing an icon to edit it gives you a blank menu.

The other thing I really like it that you only have one app for stuff. One texting app, one browser, one calendar etc etc. I know the mrs samsung seemed to have two of everything. Apple also lets you uninstall stuff like garage band, keynote, pages, books...hell, with the oneplus I couldn't even uninstall netflix.

When I wake up, I love the good morning widget on the lock screen.

Day 6 - Cracks starting to appear

Starting to get a bit annoyed now. Downloaded the bitmoji app as I quite like the little photos you can put in messages. The android version was great, you basically just pressed on the image and it inserted into the message body. Now, on iOS it copies the image into the clipboard so you have to press on the text entry box and paste it in. That's a pain! made even worse by the fact the screen is not responsive enough. It took me 4 taps on the text box to get the cursor to go in. I'm finding that happens a lot!

The OS is not fluid. It's slow! It's really sluggish. I'm in the ebay app (which like a lot of apps I'm finding are not as good as the android ones) looking at my sales. I press the back arrow to go back and it does nothing. I tap it again, and again, and again, and again, finally it goes back.

I'm playing a song in apple music, I swipe up to go back to photos. When I swipe back again to go into apple music, the music stops for a second whilst the app reloads. Urgh!

Ads in apple news! What!

Last night we all went into town so the kids could see the Christmas lights. This was the first real chance to test out the camera. It's ok....I wasn't blown away. What is a bit rubbish is actually looking at them later on. The icloud website isn't a patch on google photos. How do I scroll through full screen photos? They are all 1/4 of the size of my monitor?

Nearly all of the photos I took last night we're outside in the dark. They seem to have a lot of noise on them all. Most review sites rate this camera above the pixel? I'd say the camera was ok, probably better than the oneplus, I don't know....it's boxed up now, but I wanted to be blown away. Isn't this basically the same camera as in the iPhone 11 pro?

I've moved my notes over to onenote as it seems the only decent way of accessing them on the iPhone and laptop. It's not as good as google keep though.

Day 7

The little niggles are fading and I quite like it. It's reliable. It's a no nonsense, gets the job done phone. Not sure i've found any bugs other than the siri carplay one.

RAM management (if that's what it is), is annoying but I assume that helps battery life. Ebay is an example. If I'm watching my sales, I can see the timer counting down. If I switch out to another app, and then back again the timer is stuck until I manually refresh.

I've ordered the airpods.

I'm really looking forward to the new design iPhone 12 next year. I just like technology.

Day 8

Airpods arrived today. Bloody brilliant. Love how you only have to touch the case to the phone and they automatically connect. I also like how they show the airpods and cases battery life next to the phones battery. Nice and neat.

Starting to really enjoy it all now. Think it's a keeper.

Day 11

We'll it's almost time for me to make my mind up....and I'm pretty sure I have. It's not a perfect phone, like I said right at the start, there is no perfect phone. IMHO, and it really is just that, my opinion, this is the least worse phone (that sounds bad), it's an almost perfect phone (bit better).

Unlike the oneplus shelf, which I never used...I'm finding the widgets over on the left side screen really useful. It's a phone which just gets the job done.

Storage seems really good after a weeks use. Plenty of apps installed now, photos, music etc etc and i've only used 16gb so have plenty left. I'm sure I had the same apps on my old phone and I was nearer 30gb+ Talking of apps, ios apps seem to download/install like lightening. Literally, a few seconds and they are on.

I struggled deciding where to store my photos, either keeping them on google photos or moving over to icloud but in the end I moved to Amazon photos. Really like it....and it's free (with original quality) as I'm a prime member.

Surprised I haven't really missed the google app which tailors your news and articles based on your browsing habits. I used to use that all the time, but really haven't missed it.

Did the latest ios update yesterday. Same issue in the car. Starting to think it's the car now and not the phone. There is a software update to do on the car, so might try that at some point. I'm not too bothered though.

Took a portait photo earlier and played with the settings. WOW. Now THAT is impressive. Have a fantastic photo of my son which I'm going to print out.

Apple watch for christmas?

Summary

Oneplus 7 Pro - Apple iPhone 11

Google One plan with Family sharing, Photos, GMail, Drive, Keep, Calendar, Pay -

Amazon Photos, GMail, Onedrive, Onenote, ios Calendar, Apple Pay, Reminders through Amazon Alexa app

Google Maps with location sharing on - Same
Google Home and Chromecast - Echo Dot 3 and Fire TV 4k (supports apple music and TV+)
Nest Thermostat, Cameras, Philips Hue, Somfy Blinds - Same
Spotify, YouTube Premium(family shared) - Apple Music
Samsung Galaxy Watch, Samsung Galaxy Buds - Airpods (AW5 for christmas?)

Last edited:
Associate
I think you have summed up the differences well there. It comes down to personal preference and how much you are willing to commit to the Apple Ecosystem. If you like to be able to tinker and config everything to the nth degree and are prepared to put up with some glitches occasionally then Android is better. If you want something that 'just works' for 95% of what you would want to do then Apple is better.

For my part I am all in Apple - Iphone; Watch; Ipad; Macbook and Mac Mini. I just love the way they all play nicely together.

Man of Honour
What Samsung phones have you used recently to disregard them based on the camera software? On anything running OneUI the experience is largely great to excellent. The latter if you're on an S10 series or greater. The camera software may not be the best for selfies, but for the cameras on the back it is absolutely fine and the ultra wide does a good job of capturing enough detail and perspective for suitable sharing on social media etc and nobody would bat an eyelid. Some you could even print I guess.

It should be stressed though that the camera software has only seen improvements with every other update and the S10 camera wasn't as good at around launch and at least for a few months compared to what it is like now. Better video recording bitrates, better dynamic range, better low light photography, new night mode for all camera lenses that has seen improvements the last couple of recent updates too etc.

Soldato
OP
What Samsung phones have you used recently to disregard them based on the camera software? On anything running OneUI the experience is largely great to excellent. The latter if you're on an S10 series or greater. The camera software may not be the best for selfies, but for the cameras on the back it is absolutely fine and the ultra wide does a good job of capturing enough detail and perspective for suitable sharing on social media etc and nobody would bat an eyelid. Some you could even print I guess.

It should be stressed though that the camera software has only seen improvements with every other update and the S10 camera wasn't as good at around launch and at least for a few months compared to what it is like now. Better video recording bitrates, better dynamic range, better low light photography, new night mode for all camera lenses that has seen improvements the last couple of recent updates too etc.

When I say software, I mean overall OS software (the skin some manufacturers like to put on over android). It's my pet hate, it's just my preference. It's either Pixel (or oxygen at a push) or nothing. To be honest, I thought the bugs in oxygen os or the general lack of attention to detail was unacceptable.

Mrs has a Samsung, she loves it, but definately not for me.

Man of Honour
Preferences and all that is fine of course!

But you can't slate OnePlus for bugs etc when petty much every single pixel software has had bugs that later have to be ironed out. Even this week with the December security update people are reporting pixel launcher issues on some pixel models.

It's actually a running joke on what bugs will be found on pixel software each update.

My opinion is that Google make the least polished (as in tested widely) mobile software and they rely on the buying customer to be their beta testers. Then they go round spending time fixing the bugs.

Soldato
OP
Preferences and all that is fine of course!

But you can't slate OnePlus for bugs etc when petty much every single pixel software has had bugs that later have to be ironed out. Even this week with the December security update people are reporting pixel launcher issues on some pixel models.

It's actually a running joke on what bugs will be found on pixel software each update.

My opinion is that Google make the least polished (as in tested widely) mobile software and they rely on the buying customer to be their beta testers. Then they go round spending time fixing the bugs.

We'll I can slate them, and I'll also slate google too :p. I know what you mean though. I had a terrible time with my original pixel. Think my 3XL was generally better, but yeah.....I think these days companies are hell bent on rushing stuff out the door it's not very well tested.

I have to say, where bugs are concerned Samsung are pretty good. I just don't like it though :D

Soldato
I've contemplated this myself as I'm currently using a Pixel 2 and am more than happy with it.

The things that put me off are the lack of flexibility with the OS primarily and that I also use Google Home and all the google drive services. I'm not sure I'd get on with Alexa, particularly from an aesthetic perspective.

On the flip side, the actual iPhones themselves seem to be a more polished product. I had an iPhone 5 but got bored and frustrated after about 9 months as I could never change anything I wanted to.

I'll certainly be following your journey!

Soldato
OP
I've contemplated this myself as I'm currently using a Pixel 2 and am more than happy with it.

The things that put me off are the lack of flexibility with the OS primarily and that I also use Google Home and all the google drive services. I'm not sure I'd get on with Alexa, particularly from an aesthetic perspective.

On the flip side, the actual iPhones themselves seem to be a more polished product. I had an iPhone 5 but got bored and frustrated after about 9 months as I could never change anything I wanted to.

I'll certainly be following your journey!

You’re not alone, a few forum members are in the same boat.

I’ll definitely keep posting my thoughts.

Alexa has surprised me.

Soldato
I've just moved from an iPhone XS to a Note 10+ and I'm just re-acquainting myself with it all. To my (happy surprise), the Note is as smooth as the iPhone, presumably assisted by vast quantities of RAM. Otherwise, the gestures aren't as polished (that might come with Android 10) and the battery is dribbling away, this being one of my pet hates. Other than that nothing much to love or hate when it comes to one over the other. In reality, both are great phones and both operating systems are polished these days.

Man of Honour
The problem for new switchers is that you'll have to buy your fav apps all over again if switching OS. For many this could be quite a bit of money especially if they've taken advantage of Android's many deals to get pro version apps for cheap or free over the years but still remain full price on iOS.

I've got over £80 worth of apps/games on my account for example and £86 worth of Google Survey rewards that I used to purchase them with so effectively free money :cool:

Soldato
The problem for new switchers is that you'll have to buy your fav apps all over again if switching OS. For many this could be quite a bit of money especially if they've taken advantage of Android's many deals to get pro version apps for cheap or free over the years but still remain full price on iOS.

I think this is specious reasoning and I always scratch my head when I read the oft-repeated "I'm too deep into the ecosystem" reason for not switching. Assuming a phone buyer is (let's say) 30 years old, the apps they buy now will be theirs to use for as long as they keep buying phones. Over their lifetime, they could switch from iOS to Android every year and inherit those previous apps every time they change from one OS to the other. Unless you're the sort of person who buys £300 worth of new apps every single year, then there's no such thing as "too deep into the ecosystem". Most people have their favorite apps (which they accumulate rapidly) and then pick up bits and pieces as and when they fancy it.

Limiting yourself to a single OS on the basis of £100 worth of apps seems daft to me, especially when the outlay on the phone itself can be £1000 or more.

Man of Honour
Your comment relies on someone siwtching between iOS and Android every year or every other year. This is not commonly practiced and it's very much a rare thing to be done. Someone who favours the unbox and go appeal of an iPhone is not going to want an Android which to them is too complicated. And vice versa the avid Android user isn't going to want to go to iOS and limit the level of control they've been used to for years.

My post was in relation to people who have been on the same platform for years and years and have never even logged into the app store of the other side due to there being no need. This doesn't mean such a person is limiting themselves in the slightest and to assume so is very short sighted. It simply means those people have found what works for them and are perfectly happy in that moment. If that moment repeats itself year after year until a time comes when it can no longer repeat itself, then that's when a decision to change can be made. Otherwise nobody is wrong in this type of scenario.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Great post!

The point you made about the A13 feeling slow - Its actually a really good chip, its just the low amount of RAM in the iPhones that cause the background apps to always refresh, also it was a problem with one of the ios updates that caused this as well, but even after it was fixed, 4gb of ram in 2019 is too low imo.

Associate
Great post!

The point you made about the A13 feeling slow - Its actually a really good chip, its just the low amount of RAM in the iPhones that cause the background apps to always refresh, also it was a problem with one of the ios updates that caused this as well, but even after it was fixed, 4gb of ram in 2019 is too low imo.
Not with the way iOS handles background apps, they should open to where you were as they compress them to tiny amounts so 4gb is plenty. Its poor/lazy app development when this doesn't happen.

Soldato
The Bad

Apples keyvault isn't a patch on googles smart lock. I've signed into 20 apps and 5 websites yet it's only saved 3.

Notifications don't stack. It's a pain when you get lots of work emails coming from outlook lol

Using a google account in the mail app doesn't support push, only fetch. This means you don't instantly get your emails. To get around this, you can download and use the gmail app (no dark mode yet).

Organizing the home screen is a major pain. To move icons into folders, you have to first long press (this triggers the pop-up menu), wait till it starts to shake. Let go, long press again until it kind of jumps up, then move it into a folder. You have to repeat the whole thing again if you want to move the icon within the folder. This felt really sluggish.

I have had many instances where pressing the back button on an app doesn't do anything. Outlook and onedrive definately did it. Took about 5 presses before it registered. Other apps do the same.

Keyboard isn't a patch on gboard. I've had lots of typos when using swipe. It also seems to take up a lot more of the screen than on Android whilst feeling smaller. My whatsapp chat windows seem a lot smaller for sure.

Searching for someone only shows me their contact, not every interaction I've ever had with them.

No split view. Didn't think about this until I needed to use the calculator to add up lots of numbers from an email. That was a pain.

I asked Siri where I parked my car. She didn't know. I have checked that the locations settings are set right.

I asked Siri to delete a reminder, she said the service was unavailable.

Despite having an A13 processor, it feels slow. I think it's by design to save battery life? Apps seem to refresh all the time. Google Maps is stuttery.

Apple music looks great and fully supports the apple watch, but lacks content for me compared to spotify. It also doesn't play nice with google home, no cast support (to be expected). You have to set the home to bluetooth, but typical google bluetooth is buggy. Apple music web is in beta and a bit meh. Deciding if I should stick with Spotify, but the spotify apple watch app is supposed to be utter crap.

Unless I buy an expensive AppleTV, I can't see an easy way of showing my photos on the TV. Unless I use google photos.

Can't find a way to sync reminders and notes to my windows PC. At least with Google it's all in the cloud (one click away in chrome). Apples icloud page is very feature lite in comparison.

Everything generally feels one tap too many.

Responding to this because I moved back to iOS for the first time since I gave up on my iPhone 4 and Apple and bought a Samsung S3 many years ago. Recently I got sick of Google and their inconsistent roadmap/apps and went back to Apple, especially since I respect their views on privacy and security. I passed my S8+ to my father and bought a 64GB XS off the Ocuk MM.

Firstly, I should state that I already own an iPad Pro 12.9" so my experience on iPadOS also influenced my decision further and opened my eyes as to how things had changed thanks to iOS 13.x.

1. I tend to use a mix of Keyvault and Bitwarden. Mostly the latter to store all my details and passwords and it integrates with iOS extremely well. I have some 30 odd passwords in Keyvault and never had an issue when I've been too lazy to fire up Bitwarden though.

2. Notifications still suck. They do stack though, well for messaging apps like Telegram, Whatapp etc they do. I just tap the screen to wake it up and look at it, which instantly expands the stacked notifications.

3. Gmail is crap. It was absolute crap for noticiations on my S8+, it was crap on my 6P before that and so on. I think this is Gmail more than an iOS issue. Just google 'Gmail no notifications' and you'll get years old discussions with zero answers. You said it yourself - use the Gmail app, yeah I'll stick to the more native client.

4. Yerp. It is garbage. Was embarrassing during the iPhone 4 era and nothing has changed really. Suspect it will get an overhaul in iOS14.

5. Not had this personally. I just gesture swipe right from the left of the screen, which works globally across all apps for the most part. The whole gesture aspect is much better integrated than on Android.

6. Keyboard - completely agree. Can't type for *£$% on iOS. Swiftkey on Android was so good I didn't even have to look at the screen when typing. No idea how folks use the iOS keyboard.

7. Not really used search (spotlight) yet so can't comment really.

8. Pretty much agree. The multitasking experience on the iPad Pro's is great, but on my smaller Xs it just wouldn't work well. There should be some incarnation of it I agree on mobiles.

9. Siri sucks.

10. Use Google Photos. It is their best piece of software outright. All my TV’s have Chromecasts on them so G.Photos can just cast photos and video content straight off the bat. The musthave FileBrowser app can do this too whilst browsing external network sources.

All in all, my Xs absolutely blows away my S8+ that still feels very fast in use when I manage it for my father. It is just that animations are so slick and smooth that the entire experience feels fluid, especially with the gesture system. I adapted to iOS right and it's core apps immediately and they feel like a better experience (Google Tasks/Keep for Apple Reminders/Notes etc). I can't see myself going back to Google for a good while really, but who knows. 4GB ram is more than enough on iOS for mobiles - there was a iOS13 bug recently where apps were constantly being killed whilst suspended but that has now been fixed and I haven't had any issues since to be honest - iOS always handled ram/app management better for obvious reasons.

Stick to it and you'll probably find things a lot more manageable. There is an app called FileBrowser that is stupidly powerful. It can connect to external network sources really well and I use it to hook upto my NAS, PC and OneDrive.

Some of my 'bad' observations are:

1. No USB-C port. FFS, lightening sucks.
2. Camera app has no 'Pro' mode. You can lock AE/AF but that is about it afaik at this early stage. 4K60 is glorious though.
3. The dock (for mobiles) holds 4 icons/folders max. WHAT YEAR IS IT?! My jailbroken iPhone 4 held more...
4. Widget control could be better. It works well if you have about 3-4 but any more than this and you're scrolling through a list of widgets, which is far from ideal.
5. Siri sucks.
6. Apple Photos app is still rubbish imo (I use G.Photos for my photo management). The Apple UI is messy and lacks the flexibility that any android gallery app gives you so your main Camera Roll just gets everything saved to it in one great big lump.

Edit: Apologies for grammar. Am horribly tired :(

Edit: I should also add that I purchased an Apple S4 Watch cheap off the Apple Refurb store a week ago. Having been extremely disappointed with Google’s typical joke of a support for it’s WearOS. The only decent one I had was the Samsung S3 Frontier and that used Tizen.

The S4 is an amazing experience even though I’ve never been a fan of a square watch chassis. It integrates perfectly with the phone through just one app. The display is great and the overall experience is as Appley as you can get. By the time I get home at 6pm the 44mm Watch is down to 78%. Challenging/mocking friends is fun but by default there is no sleep tracking unless you use a third party app.

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Not with the way iOS handles background apps, they should open to where you were as they compress them to tiny amounts so 4gb is plenty. Its poor/lazy app development when this doesn't happen.

4gb can only keep a certain amount open, but its probably why the new pro models are rumoured to get 6gb of ram. Its about time they upgraded it.

Also would be great if they can upgrade the storage to UFS 3.0 like the android flagships

Associate
Don't understand why you would subjugate yourself to Apple, It's not worth the hassle and it costs more.

Windows and Android work together just fine and requires no additional software, I see no reason to touch iOS and submit to limitations imposed by Apple for no good reason.

Soldato
OP
Don't understand why you would subjugate yourself to Apple, It's not worth the hassle and it costs more.

Windows and Android work together just fine and requires no additional software, I see no reason to touch iOS and submit to limitations imposed by Apple for no good reason.

I love all technology and trying different things. I’m actually starting to enjoy the ecosystem even though not everything is perfect

Associate
4gb can only keep a certain amount open, but its probably why the new pro models are rumoured to get 6gb of ram. Its about time they upgraded it.

Also would be great if they can upgrade the storage to UFS 3.0 like the android flagships
Most probably have upgraded as they will when needed but android is using double on some flagships

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Most probably have upgraded as they will when needed but android is using double on some flagships

Android flahships have a lot more yes, but the RAM management in iphones is a lot better which is why they don't need as much. But at a certain point, just the raw number will prevail. 12gb vs 4gb no matter how good the ram management is - the 12 will prevail 99% of the time.

and extra 50% to make the iphones 6gb will make a bigger difference to the iphones than an android flagship choosing between either an 8gb or 12gb model (7T pro for example)

Back
Top Bottom