Moved House and no internet.....

THT

THT

Associate
About 2 weeks ago I moved house.

I spoke to BT and they sent an eneginer round the day after i moved to ensure the line was all connected and that he could transfer my old number.
The phone works fine.

BT engineer leaves and I plug my router in - ADSL light does not illuminate.....

I think that maybe BT havent done something when they set my line up. Rings them, tell me to speak to my ISP (Tiscali).
I do this, Tiscali say that i need to get BT to do something in the exchange. Ring BT back, they say that im already enabled in the exchange and that I can buy Broadband from them, so theres no reason it shouldnt work

My Thoughts:
If the light on the router isnt on at all - surely that means its cant even find any broadband, regardless of provider? and would therefore be a BT problem?

HELP!

Associate
Keeping your number does not automatically make your adsl line work in the new house. Did you tell tiscaili you were moving so they could do the necessary changes?
When I moved I unfortunately found out that by keeping my number it took much longer (1 month) for me to get internet again as it had to be ceased then reprovided. The isp told my that a new number would have been a much quicker process. :mad:

ps could be a good time to dump tiscali :p

THT

THT

Associate
OP
yeah i did tell tiscali
I think i might do that - get rid if them (as their support is very bad too)
Just not having internet is crippling me!

Associate
Don't tiscali use LLU? If so then BT DO need to do something at the exchange... it was the same when I moved house myself and signed up for Be*. BT engineer had to install the phoneline, then they had to enable me at the exchange, all happened within a week.

Man of Honour
That's not what BT have said. They've said your line is "enabled for ADSL", not that ADSL is *activated* on the line. And it's certainly not switched over to Tiscali LLU.

Tiscali think your line is still active because as far as they can see, your old line is still connected to their equipment (which it is, at your old house...BT often don't disconnect them when they sort out the line). You need to explain to them that you are definitely NOT connected to the equipment and that you need someone to look at your line's connection at the exchange. If they can't/won't sort it out you should take the opportunity to get away from the cack ISP that is Tiscali and get yourself Be or an entanet reseller.

Back
Top Bottom