Moved house, no broadband connection

Soldato
Just moved house and waited the 10 days or so for broadband to be activated, and got the text this morning saying were active.

The house has 3 phone sockets, 2 with BT logos on. I have a hunch which of these two is the master, but I've tried all 3 sockets regardless (all single socket so using my own microfilter) and no 'internet' from any of them.

The property used to be in 2 parts, let's called them A and B. They were combined somewhere around 5-10 years ago (so master sockets look probably older than that). They are now named the same as A was. Both of the master looking sockets are in the part that used to be called B. And given my house name is now A, is there a chance that open reach have activated A, whereas the old master to A now doesn't exist? Sky aren't able to tell me if they can activate something for property B.

I've talked this through with Sky on the phone and they've booked an openreach engineer for Monday, but I really want to have this fixed before then if I can, so any idea would be great.

Caporegime
If the instructions they give you tell you to plug your phone into the back of the router then you're on SOGEA

Soldato
OP
Openreach finally came today, turned out some of the wiring was faulty on the outside of my house (so their responsibility), all fixed now.

Very impressed with the reach of the sky broadband hub, but will still need to expand the wifi reach a bit.

Back
Top Bottom