1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We recommend you enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account. Please see the thread here
    Dismiss Notice

Moving from ATX to SFF

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor and Single Board Computers' started by @if ®afiq, 27 May 2010.

1. @if ®afiq

Soldato

I've been thinking about the move recently as I use my PC for movies/music.

At the moment I have an E7400, ATX mobo, 4GB PC8500, TRUE120 and Corsair PSU and a 4350 I believe and a PCI soundcard.

I wish to keep the CPU, RAM and souncard and obviously want to keep it as cheap as possible.

Any ideas on what I could do??? Thanks :)

2. Guardsmon

Wise Guy

Da Box 100 and a G35 board and you're set. Petty the case will cost so much, but you can keep your TRUE120 :D

Depends how small you want to go and what sort of case you want it in - HTPC, M-ATX box, Mini-ITX?

3. Azza

Caporegime

What's the sound card? What speakers are you connected to?

Mini-ITX or M-ATX? If you go mini-ITX you won't be able to keep the soundcard.

Is size a problem? Case will define what you'll be able to do really.

4. Tute

Capodecina

If he's happy with onboard graphics he might.

5. SimonR

Hitman

Sell it all except the memory, buy a Zotac Ion FE motherboard (£120). Just remember to install the Shark007 codec pack.
    That will give you a pci-e slot to play with if you really want a soundcard in there. Otherwise buy a pci-e tuner card and you have a nice little media center. Case wise it is up to you. Have a look at the Antec ISK 310-150 [​IMG]

I think it is quite a pretty little case

Mushii

6. @if ®afiq

Soldato

I had a look at the DA box - but it is too much. I'm kind of leaning toward the Silverstone GD05 - I will be able to keep everything except the TRUE, which not too painful of a change.

I can't remember what exact soundcard - but I bought it to use with Dogbert's drivers (CMI8738 based) and have it hooked up to my AV with optical.

Graphics wise - as long as it supports 1080P on the hardware rather than the CPU then that is fine....I don't play games on it, but watch MKV's etc.

It looks like all I need is a good micro ATX mobo that supports 45nm C2D's.