Moving Gaming PC upstairs

Associate
hey all need some help as BT wasnt very helpful,

im moving my computer upstairs very soon, i have BT broadband downstairs in the living room a big nasty white box which has a massive battery connected to it :(

is there anyway i can move the box or get the ethernet upstairs without running a cable up through the house etc

dont want to leave the BT box downstairs as its an eyesore and my computer is hiding it atm, once moved it will stick out. but my main problem is getting the ethernet cable as i only collect Via that.. wifi isnt great tbh.

thanks all for the help.

V F

V F

Soldato
Ah, you're one of those. How long ago was the massive ONT installed?

The engineer told me this morning about all the different revisions to the ONT boxes they used to install. The massive ones with the battery packs. The one he put in for me wasn't any bigger than a regular phone socket. Interesting how small and thin it is compared to all the searching I found for them.

Even smaller than an NTE5C MK4.

Soldato
What's the white battery powered BT box?

An ONT. Early Openreach ONT's where installed into an enclosure which had a battery backup in it. They haven't had BBU's for (I think) around 3 years and the newer ONT's are a lot smaller.

Externally they looked like this:
mG6XBST.jpg

Internally they looked like this. The BBU is the unit on the right.
LsLEdPy.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato
From what I read, mostly everyone had them installed in a cupboard in their front entry because they were so gaudy back then.

Back
Top Bottom