Moving to Norway - does it matter where I buy my iPhone?

Soldato
im potentially moving to Norway late this year/early next year and I'm planning on buying the new iPhone. Would it be if any benefit if I waited and purchased the phone in Norway, as opposed to buying a UK one here, then moving?

I figure the UK warranty won't be valid in Norway, so that's one reason to get it in Norway... but are there any other things to consider? Presumably the GSM bands will be the same on either device? (Oh and I've checked prices, there doesn't seem to much any difference between the UK and Norwegian Apple Stores.

Finally, if I did decide to buy from the Norwegian Apple store, are there any issues doing that, given all my details and AppleID details are all UK based?!

Thanks!

Associate
Manufacturer warranty is the same, wherever. Consumer law coverage, however, is different.

I would've expected the prices to be more in Norway but I guess we're still looking at Brexit pound prices here in the UK.

Apple IDs can be used wherever, and if needed you can change the region to Norway for Norwegian iTunes/App Store etc.

Soldato
Can confirm the warranty is worldwide - I moved to the US with a UK purchased iPhone 6, it developed a fault and Apple replaced it over here no problem at all.

The model sold in Norway is identical to the one sold in the UK so no worries there either.

Back
Top Bottom