Moving to TT fibre, can I keep using HG612/RT-N56U setup?

Associate
As the thread title I'm now coming to the end of my 18month contract with Vodaphone FTTC and have decided to move to TalkTalk FTTC.
Current setup is unlocked HG612 modem coupled with my trusty Asus RT-N56U router. Anybody using this combo on TT? Will it be simply a case of re-running the Asus auto setup to connect to TT? Does the type of connection setting need changing on the modem?
I've tried googling this and seen some people saying there's no need to enter any TT passwords on the router and others saying I'd need to know login details.
Any help much appreciated guys

Associate
OP
Thanks mrkev, TT is due to go live on the 19th so we'll see what happens. I'm not keen on using the isp supplied router if I can help it, Vodafones unit caused DLM to kick in before I could get my login details from them and the line's still banded now :(

Associate
TalkTalk use IPOE, not sure if your current setup will support it. I could not get my pfSense to work with it and had to setup nat on a tp-link router.

Caporegime
With a Draytek and a Openreach modem, I have to set the draytek to dhcp on the WAN2 but there is no issue with double nat or anything like that.

I don't see why it wouldn't work the same for you.

Soldato
Just switched to TT and I have an ECI OR modem with the LAN1 port of that connected to the WAN port on a Mikrotik router. The router is just set to Automatic under Internet settings so it acquires a DHCP IP, subnet and gateway from TT via the modem.

Associate
OP
Just to clear up my switch happened this morning, simply reset the router by pressing the tiny button on the back then ran the setup wizard choosing automatic ip (dhcp) when prompted and all is back up running as previously but now on talktalk.
Bonus point for removing the banding which had been applied by DLM after thunderstorms last summer :D

Back
Top Bottom