MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Associate
The dry cleaner owner has just been speaking on LBC and he says nobody shouted "Britain First" and he was right next to the bloke.

Associate
13427800_504203649788974_4304876035165592472_n.jpg

This is a sign in the window of a shop close to where Jo was murdered.

Associate
The dry cleaner owner has just been speaking on LBC and he says nobody shouted "Britain First" and he was right next to the bloke.

What you mean the luvvies are using this to their own accord?

Merkel basically said it was down to the EU referendum this morning! The EU commissioner said her death was due to her 'dedication to european democracy' - These people are DESPERATE to keep us in the EU and will stoop to any level.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-16-at-19.01.19-1024x360.png

Man of Honour

It's not quite what he said:

A sign in a shop by the spot Jo Cox was killed states the claims that the gunman shouted "Britain First" are untrue.

The message in the landerette's window says: "Please note, I did not tackle the gunman. And no one shouted Britain First at any time."

LBC's reporter in Birstall Bethan Davies spoke to Ahmed Tahir, the owner, who insisted he has not spoken to anyone who heard that phrase.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/jo-cox-witness-says-no-one-shouted-britain-first-132375

Permabanned
He could have been talking about a planning application, or something similar where he was upset that UK interests were not dominant, assuming he said anything like that at all. It's all pure conjecture at this stage, and the blanket coverage and endless discourse won't bring an answer any quicker.

To suspend the EU referendum because of this was madness, and another ill conceived, knee jerk reaction by the government.

Associate
What you mean the luvvies are using this to their own accord?

Merkel basically said it was down to the EU referendum this morning! The EU commissioner said her death was due to her 'dedication to european democracy' - These people are DESPERATE to keep us in the EU and will stoop to any level.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-16-at-19.01.19-1024x360.png

Desperate and very misguided but totally predictable.

Soldato
13427800_504203649788974_4304876035165592472_n.jpg

This is a sign in the window of a shop close to where Jo was murdered.

I couldn't care tbh.... I think its time donkey radical parties like Britain First get a taste of their own medicine!

If this was the other way round, you'd see poor Jo Cox on their ballot paper as they beg for votes.... Complete scum and everything Jo Cox stood against!

Britain first has no place in society... What really narks me off is the fact they ban and delete anything they don't like on their page! Even the BNP leaves people express their views! How can they get political party status when that's the case?

Absolute Joke, I just hope we continue to hound the scum for being terrorists because of that one time someone may or may not have shouted "Britain first".

Last edited:
Soldato
TBH if he did make a lot of noise about Britain First being shouted, he probably would encounter a lot of trouble and harassment.

At this point, we just have to wait it out for the police investigation and for them to name a motive.

Is there a source fr the claim that he had a subscription to a neo nazi magazine which showed how to make weapons?

[TFU] Thegoon84;29639222 said:
I couldn't care tbh.... I think its time donkey radical parties like Britain First get a taste of their own medicine!

If this was the other way round, you'd see poor Jo Cox on their ballot paper as they beg for votes.... Complete scum and everything Jo Cox stood against!

Britain first has no place in society... What really narks me off is the fact they ban and delete anything they don't like on their page! Even the BNP leaves people express their views! How can they get political party status when that's the case?

Absolute Joke, I just hope we continue to hound the scum for being terrorists because of that one time someone may or may not have shouted "Britain first".

While these extremest nutcases are scum, there is a fraction of them that are against immigration while the rest are actually against foreigners. What ****es me off about them is the way they abuse the deaths of service men and take pictures out of context assigning captions to push their agenda. There was quite a bit of friction between them and the family of the serving lad that got beheaded, since they refused to stop using his image to push their views.

If we treated them as they treated foreigners, their popularity would probably grow as you encourage the more moderate members to take a more them or us view.

Last edited:
Soldato
He could have been talking about a planning application, or something similar where he was upset that UK interests were not dominant, assuming he said anything like that at all. It's all pure conjecture at this stage, and the blanket coverage and endless discourse won't bring an answer any quicker.

To suspend the EU referendum because of this was madness, and another ill conceived, knee jerk reaction by the government.

Admirable that you're so dedicated to the truth and don't want anyone to besmirch Britain First's "good name" :rolleyes:

I haven't seen any indication that they're going to cancel our postpone the referendum beyond some conjecture on LBC. The referendum campaigns are suspended by choice as a mark of respect, when many will be unable to campaign during this difficult time for those in politics.

Caporegime
Lol, difficult time for politicians?

Perhaps for her friends in parliament, however everyone are sharks ready and willing to use her as propaganda, if it were socially acceptable, they wouldnt spare a second abusing this.

Associate
All these false reports and headlines is absolutely disgraceful, hate this country sometimes, really is the core of corruption.

Soldato
Can anything be done to stop the media peddling biased, inaccurate garbage? There's no need for it. What purpose does it serve other than to fuel anger, discontent and feelings of outrage - especially in regard to political or sensitive issues? What happened to proper journalism, actual reporting of facts and issues?

You'll always get nut jobs but maybe there'd be fewer of them if the media wasn't there shoveling fuel into the fire to make some more cash.

Soldato
Lol, difficult time for politicians?

Perhaps for her friends in parliament, however everyone are sharks ready and willing to use her as propaganda, if it were socially acceptable, they wouldnt spare a second abusing this.

Everyone who's ever gone campaigning or voiced any sort of political opinion in public has come up against those staunchly opposed to their views. The idea that we should have to fear them is a very dangerous one. Give people time to grieve...

Caporegime

At least two witnesses have described him as shouting "Britain First". I guess we'll get a better version from Police in the coming days, especially if the brave pensioner who tried to intervene can remember what happened.

Back
Top Bottom