MS Xbox One controller has stopped working Wirelessly

Underboss
My controller is not that old but all of a sudden wireless wont work

I cant seem to locate the manual on the MS website, there website is pretty poor for troubleshooting

When i press the MS X button on the controller is blinks rapidly
if i press it and let go it goes off. i have to hold the button down, but still not working

i tried pressing the button on the BT dongle and the button on the #MS X pad to try and sync, but no go

any ideas?

Soldato
You tried changing the batteries? Dumb question I know, but mine if batteries are dead / close to dying, it will do similar to what your saying. Blink when you hold it and once you let go, after another blink or two, turn off.

Soldato
Soldato
Shouldn't be using Bluetooth wireless,anyway.

..horrible amounts of lag compared to the official wireless USB dongle.

Man of Honour
Standard batteries are trash for controllers (kind of trash in general really).

The play and charge kit isn't very high capacity (1400 mah), but it is convenient to be able to simply plug in.

A decent rechargeable battery has a capacity of 2500mah compared with around 1200-1400 for a non-rechargeable. That means you'll get 5000 total capacity, more than 3 times the play time before requiring a charge than the play and charge kit.

Permabanned
Get a load of rechargeables, not that expensive and they pay for themselves many times over. Think I have about 20 odd of Aa, Aaa batteries. With me and my son just swapping to a charged set and recharging the depleted ones.

Underboss
OP
Standard batteries are trash for controllers (kind of trash in general really).

The play and charge kit isn't very high capacity (1400 mah), but it is convenient to be able to simply plug in.

A decent rechargeable battery has a capacity of 2500mah compared with around 1200-1400 for a non-rechargeable. That means you'll get 5000 total capacity, more than 3 times the play time before requiring a charge than the play and charge kit.

very confused which batts to get

Looked at Energizer, Duracell, Panasonic ones and Amazon basic

i can get 2500 mAh @ 500 cycles or 2000 mAh @ 1000 cycles

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/technology/1407559/best-rechargeable-batteries

Man of Honour
It's been a while but in my experience Eneloop have always been regarded as the best. I'd wait for others to advise though as my knowledge there may be outdated.

:edit: I wouldn't worry so much about charge cycles, you're likely going to get a month or more out of a pair so... That's over 40 years for the 500 cycle ones! I'd expect any battery to be extremely dead by then anyway.

Back
Top Bottom