• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** MSI 290X LIGHTNING IS NOW AVAILABLE!! **

Soldato
I don't get the PDF - the slide ref memory that says "the result"

so are they saying that they got better results from Hynix than Samsung

but chose SAmsung anyway ? or are some Lightnings Hynix and some Samsung ?

Associate
Nah, they chose Hynix based on those slides. They introduced that topic saying Samsung is supposedly the best but they found Hynix gave a higher memory clock. My point on that is- what were the timings on the memory? On the KPEs for example, we were complaining about the poor overclocks until we realized it was due to tighter timings on the Samsung and the eventual impact was the same anyway. EVGA later released a BIOS with looser timings that improved memory overclock numbers but the impact was the same.

Soldato
Wow power design is great!

Tbh the reference card should have come with 8+8 pins. At least on these, even insane clockers don't have to worry about the cards drawing too much through PCIe.

I would love to give one fo these a whirl but couldn't justify the premium when my reference 290x clocks so well under water.

Only disappointment is the stock factory memory speed. Obviously not an issue but i see no reason to keep it at 1250 like reference when everyone else at least had a modest bump on aftermarket cooler models.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Well initial testing is very good, but we've got only +100mv voltage options on core, aux and memory. This card needs:-
+200mv core
+100mv aux
+300mv memory

It can handle the above fine.

But the Samsung IC is incredible, 6800MHz stock voltage and 7000Mhz with +100mv, think with +300mv we've got a 7200/7400MHz card. :)

Also the first SINGLE GPU card I have achieved 1000 hash with:-

1000hash.jpg~original

P.S. Though this card is very fast at mining, its not very cost effective solution but an achievement I am very impressed by. :)

Back
Top Bottom