• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III Unlocked & OC

Associate
I purchased a MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III yesterday and manage to get it unlocked and currently have the clocks running @ 880/1375 and increased the power limit to 20%.

I wanted to know is it safe to overclock the card further? Or is it best just to leave it.

Thanks.

Caporegime
Have you checked with GPU-Z that the shaders have actually unlocked?

A successful flashing of the BIOS doesn't necessarily mean they have.

Associate
OP
Yeah it was showing on the latest version of GPU-Z, did a few 3DMark runs and showed quite a bit of improvement. Is there any other way I could double check?

Soldato
Overclocking the memory to much is where you will run into problems. In my experience as the memory is rated lower than the 6970, anything more than 1400 MHz will probably start causing instabillity. If you back off on the memory you will probably achieve higher core clocks:

Associate
I purchased a MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III yesterday and manage to get it unlocked and currently have the clocks running @ 880/1375 and increased the power limit to 20%.

I wanted to know is it safe to overclock the card further? Or is it best just to leave it.

Thanks.

Hiya bought same card how do u flash bios to a 6970!

Back
Top Bottom