• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 780Ti Gamer cards SLI Problem

Associate
Help. I'm tearing my hair out here. I've just installed two new MSI 780ti gaming cards into my system and SLI will not work. My mainboard is a MSI Z68A GD80 B3 with an intel i7 2600K cpu running at stock. My psu is an OCZ ZX 1,000watt. ( Review of my psu.)
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=238
At the moment all I have plugged in is an SSD and usb for my keyboard and mouse. Fresh install of windows 7sp1. No matter what driver is installed they all do the same. The game will attempt to launch in SLI mode, flicker and either hang on a blank screen, or CTDT with the nvidia message saying the driver has recovered. Before I had a pair of GTX680's working fine. I don't get it! In the review for these cards on Guru3D.com they recommend a 800Watt psu so I should be covered and the fact the AMD cards work prove that. I have also ran both cards by themselves and they test fine, similar temps and fps, so it's not a duff card. Tried a different bridge, it's not that. Moved the cards in different slots. Any suggestions welcome. I'm going to try windows 8.1 later. Evga PrecisionX doesn't see the voltages, the latest afterburner does but miss reports the clock speeds. :(

Soldato
As above, also remove the bridge and reseat both cards. Had this before no matter what I tried. Both cards were visible but no option for SLi. Eventually reseated both and away I went.

Associate
OP
I have ran the cards separately, and they test fine. I've just whacked the 680's back and the same issue. Looks like a duff SLi connector, though all is good in Nvidia control panel, they cards enable and disable fine. Weird..

Caporegime
Those SLI connectors are flimsy and easily breakable. You can buy a decent solid connector to do the job or persist with the flimsy ones but it is very common for those to break.

Caporegime
Thankfully ive always kept 4 or 5 sli connectors about. The current flexible ones asus supply are pretty poor. Even those with the rog boards. Thankfully some of the rigid ones i have from old s939 boards fit my current board.

Back
Top Bottom