• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

msi 980ti gaming cooling with a HG10 N980

Associate
so Ive been looking at cooling options for my 980 ti and ive seen the Corsair HG10 N980.

I was thinking on getting one of these and using a 120mm AIO fitted to the rear as an exhaust.

anyone used one before? how good was the results?

before anyone says custom loop.. I know I would see better results but Im thinking on cost wise.
Plus a custom loop scares the life out of me...

Associate
I have been researching this as well by watching a lot of youtube videos...its all down to what card you have and from what ive seen the hg10 will only fit a reference card.
The temps look impressive aswell under load around late 50 which is a real bonus....You can do it for around £100 aswell but yes it would be good to see if anyone on here
has done this.

Associate
OP
.its all down to what card you have and from what ive seen the hg10 will only fit a reference card.

I didint realise it was only suitable for a reference card.
Ive seen the NZXT G10 and G12 they seem to be a bit more varied on which card they will fit.
only down side Is I don't think they look as nice as the corsair bracket.

picture I found of the G10 fitted to the MSI gaming 980 Ti

7lQ6St1l.jpg

Heres a review of the G12

Associate
OP
My mistake i must have read it wrong i thought they only fitted reference pcb ......and agree the corsair hg10 looks far better that the nzxt g10
he got some nice results with the 1080 with the NZXT G12. Ive seen a video og the HG10 fitted to the EVGA 980 Ti but as you say it uses a reference PCB I don't think it will fit the MSI gaming 980 Ti.
looks like my option is one of the NZXT brackets but yea the Corsair one just looks that bit nicer over he NZXT its not even down to the logo its just looks more finished.

Soldato
though i love my watercooled 980ti, it only really gave me another 50 Hz stable - from 1450 - 1500 - though i have a high asic card so it doesn't respond that well to extra volts - mine was a reference card, but it would say this late in the day don't bother, watercooling is only worth it on top of the stack brand new gfx cards, otherwise the outlay just isn't worth it... if you're just doing it for the crack..then go ahead, but just don't expect massive gains..

Associate
OP
though i love my watercooled 980ti, it only really gave me another 50 Hz stable - from 1450 - 1500 - though i have a high asic card so it doesn't respond that well to extra volts - mine was a reference card, but it would say this late in the day don't bother, watercooling is only worth it on top of the stack brand new gfx cards, otherwise the outlay just isn't worth it... if you're just doing it for the crack..then go ahead, but just don't expect massive gains..
My thoughts with the NZXT bracket is I can move this to a new GPU if and when I upgrade. But I'm more thinking on doing it for temps. I can get 1500 on the core stable with my card on air but it does throttle due to heat.

Back
Top Bottom