MSI B550 Tomahawk or Carbon Gaming

Associate
So I’m looking at MSI motherboards and based on reviews I’d seen I had settled on the MAG B550 Tomahawk but then I started looking at the B550 Carbon Gaming WiFi, unfortunately I cant find any reviews on this board. I’ll be using it for gaming and office work, I’ll be using a Ryzen 5 3600x chip and currently have no overclocking plans. Would these boards performance be about the same, am I just getting built in WiFi and what looks like a few extra USB ports for the extra money or is this a better built board than the Tomahawk? Am I better saving the extra and sticking to the Tomahawk?
Thanks

Soldato
So I’m looking at MSI motherboards and based on reviews I’d seen I had settled on the MAG B550 Tomahawk but then I started looking at the B550 Carbon Gaming WiFi, unfortunately I cant find any reviews on this board. I’ll be using it for gaming and office work, I’ll be using a Ryzen 5 3600x chip and currently have no overclocking plans. Would these boards performance be about the same, am I just getting built in WiFi and what looks like a few extra USB ports for the extra money or is this a better built board than the Tomahawk? Am I better saving the extra and sticking to the Tomahawk?
Thanks

Just pulled the trigger on the Tomahawk, priced at £179.99 it's a bit higher than it should be but reviews are very solid and has all the features needed. You might want to consider looking at YT videos, Hardware Unboxed has a good video on this motherboard. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/200-b550-choices.18893885/

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies, I had already see the video with the motherboards which made their list but the other I hadn’t so it was good to watch that, I did wonder why the Tomahawk hadn’t made it but as he says he was just being picky. Think the Tomahawk is the better buy between the 2 for me, the carbon won’t give me anything extra that I really need but before I went for it I just wanted to see if there were any comments.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom