*****MSI Gaming Laptops - Stock Secured, get your XMAS Orders in NOW!*****

Associate
Hi guys.

My GX660R came with Realtek 6.0.1.6181

According to MSI download page the latest is Realtek 6.0.1.6151

According to Realtek website Realtek HD Audio latest version is R2.56

So which is the latest? Is there a better place to find and download the latest drivers for the GX660R?

Thanks in advance

Associate
Will the GX660R go down in price again please?:confused:

If you go to Google.co.uk enter into the search box 'GX660R' without any ' ' quotes, then click on 'Search' and then 'Shopping' then on 'Compare Prices' on the two buttons marked as lower than the price on here. You'll find a few options. Who knows, one of them maybe cheaper, its google, who knows what it may find ... or not ;)

HTH

I haz 4090!
Don
Custom PC have a round up of gaming laptops this month, the GX660R included. The others were:

• Rock Xtreme X785 I5-560M
  • Alienware M11x-R2
  • Acer Aspire Ethos 8943g
  • Toshiba Qosmio X500-149
  • Asus G53JW

The GX660R scored the highest overall mark with 82%.

No mention of the screen in the review either?

Associate
3DMark 11 on stock: P2026
3DMark 11 with GPU at 825/1050: P2263

When I say stock I mean literally as I bought it from Overclockers, i.e. i5 460m, 6gb ram, GPU at stock settings.

Associate
is my laptop faulty please?

photo4.jpg

photo1.jpg

MrZ

MrZ

Associate
OK, works perfectly with the WD Scorpio Blacks as others in the thread suggested. I can't believe the difference compared to the existing WD Blues - which basically are junk - I certainly don't want to put them in my older laptop.

I'll post my experience installing in case it helps anyone else doing the same. I didn't want to reinstall because I've quite a few apps/games installed now. I created my MSI install DVDs just in case, and then created the Windows System Recovery disc. I also didn't want to bother with RAID 0.

Then I copied the 50 GB or so of data I had on D: onto C: and used Windows Disk Manager to resize the C: partition so that it plus the two hidden partitions take less than the space available on one WD black (about 460GB). I used some freeware partition copying software to copy the partitions (excluding the empty D: ) to the new disk.

Removed the existing disks and put the new disk in one of the interior bays, restarted and... zip, nothing happens. So I used the Windows System Recovery DVD and opted to repair a Windows installation on the disk (even though it couldn't identify it). This fixes the MBR on the disk. Restarted and got the Windows boot loader ("missing hardware" error) and then restarted again with the Sys recovery and this time it fixed the bootloader references. Final restart, everything perfect, just as before (except even Windows seems to be faster to load).

With the second disk installed, I even had Intel rapid storage ask if I wanted to set up RAID (it seemed to suggest I could expand onto the second drive without losing my existing install on the first disk). Nevertheless I'm just using the second disk as D: (data, games).

Anyway, quicker IMO than a fresh install.

Soldato
Nice one :)

Am going for an SSD next pay cheque, My GX660R has hitachi HDD's inside, is it worth replacing the remaining one for a WD Black?

Tommy

Back
Top Bottom