MSI GE72MVR-064 vs GIGABYTE P57X V7-CF2

Associate
Hi all

Straight to the point, I have £1500 budget absolute maximum, cannot go over this - not even by £10, looking for the most powerful GAMING Laptop I can buy from this site for this price.

Not too fussed about 4k (unless you think I should be for that price) but VR would be good if it can handle it. Don't care about battery or weight.

I had narrowed it down to these two:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...-intel-i7-7700hq-gaming-laptop-lt-07s-gi.html

or

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...-intel-i7-7700hq-gaming-laptop-lt-26a-ms.html

What do you think? Also do these laptops use Max-Q GPUs or are they the full spec?

So, what can I get from OCUK with £1500? maximum power. I have a real nice Benq monitor I can hook this up to so I dont necessarily have to have an amazing screen, just so long as it has as much horsepower as I can squeeze out for that price.

Thanks guys

Associate
Both have full fat 1070.

MSI are not to trusted until after the outcome of the class action for misselling gaming laptops (link in my sig).

Gigabyte on the other hand are great with fantastic UK support.

Associate
Probably biased due to the issues I've had with MSI, but I wouldn't purchase them if you value customer service.... as misjah said, essentially the same spec, same price.... however one has better service and doesn't promise you that you can upgrade graphics card then try to screw you out of it lol so yea go with gigabyte imo purely based on service and same spec laptop basically.

Gigabyte one has higher discount % also :p

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot guys for your opinions and info, I will go with the Gigabyte then - I really like how thin that laptop is as well considering the power, good to know there is no Max-Q too.

Cheers!

I dont think there is much more I can get for 1500-1600 tops.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks a lot guys for your opinions and info, I will go with the Gigabyte then - I really like how thin that laptop is as well considering the power, good to know there is no Max-Q too.

Cheers!

I dont think there is much more I can get for 1500-1600 tops.

Hi ThorpedoUK,

Thanks @MiSJAH & @tropicola for your inputs.

Correct info regarding the product, full fat GTX1070 on board, and a real genuuine bargain - was selling at £1,899 a few weeks ago.

An additional feature that we have on this unit Vs competitor, is the swappable optical bay, ie you can remove and expand the strage via the ODD slot and install upto 512GB SSD or 2TB HDD fitted in the caddy that is supplied with the laptop. Flexible and gives you easy storage expansion options.

h010OvI.jpg

Multi-Usages - Swappable ODD/HDD Slot
The ingenious design of the swappable ODD/HDD slot* brings more choices as well as opportunities for gamers. The swappable bay can take a DVD RW drive, Blu-ray drive or additional 2TB HDD / 512SSD. Ultimate customization creates unprecedented mobility.

Hope that helps,

Regarsds,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hey guys

I just wanted to revisit this post and say thanks @MiSJAH & @tropicola & Atom80 for your recommendation / info, I pulled the trigger on the Gigabyte listed above from OcUK, as usual brilliant service / delivery and very very very happy with the Laptop. I've played a few games with it:

Elite Dangerous + Oculus Rift VR = excellent
Subnautica (on full) + Rift = also excellent
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - superb

So far its chewed up everything I have thrown at it, very happy and the caddy / swappable optical bay is pure genius, I will be swapping the optical drive out for a nice SSD in the new year.

Thanks again all, highly recommend this laptop, its also very thin considering what is in it

Associate
I loved the hot swappable bay on my old p35x, I appreciated it loads when I took my 1Tb SSD drive out of my desktop which was full of steam games straight into the p35x.

No need to reinstall games which is a godsend when you are travelling and unsure on internet connection speeds and costs.

Good choice on the laptop, it’s a great spec for the price.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey guys

I just wanted to revisit this post and say thanks @MiSJAH & @tropicola & Atom80 for your recommendation / info, I pulled the trigger on the Gigabyte listed above from OcUK, as usual brilliant service / delivery and very very very happy with the Laptop. I've played a few games with it:

So far its chewed up everything I have thrown at it, very happy and the caddy / swappable optical bay is pure genius, I will be swapping the optical drive out for a nice SSD in the new year.

Thanks again all, highly recommend this laptop, its also very thin considering what is in it

Hi @ThorpedoUK,

Sorry we missed your post before today,,,,, excellent news and very very happy that the unit reached you safely and you are enjoying the experience and product features :)

We trust it serves you well, long into the future,,,,,,, :)

Enjoy,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey guys

Hi again @ThorpedoUK - as there are currently zero reviews on OcUK site for the P57X you purchased, could we make polite request that share a few lines, as per your forum post, on the review page, to share with a broader audience?

Hope you can oblige.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom