• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
Also if anyone else has this card or similar 3080 and has 3DMark would you please do me a favour and tell me what your graphics score is on time spy, mine was 17,483 at -50 in msi after burner as i can't run it on defualt settings without crashing. If you don't have time spy could you tell me what your max boost clock speed went to in games without crashing mine was 1980MHz. I'm just trying to figure out if my card is performing similar to other 3080 cards, or if there is any underlying problems which might cause crashing. I would also love it if any MSI 3080 ventus owners that have had no problems at all could tell me what your max core clock went to in game to see if there are many ventus cards that can run at 2000MHz+ stable at defualt settings (no manual overclock or down clock) so then we can see if all ventus cards struggle at 2000MHz+ or to see if some are just boosting way higher than others.

Thanks all the help is much appreciated

3DMarks result website seems to be down for me so I cant access my results but they highest I have got is around 17900.

If often goess above 2000 playing GTA V and the highest ive seen t peak at is 2100 at stock.

Ive tried overclocking and its hardly worth the effort. I think it been shipped at its limit.

Soldato
Doh! I was hoping to be able to OC the living bejeezus out of new Ventus. I can get 2100 MHz from outgoing MSI GTX 1070 Quicksilver, at least at stock new 3080 will kick it into the bushes and laugh.

Soldato
Crashing on boost clocks has been a problem all along. I've had multiple Nvidia cards which did it (2 were also MSI ones) :/

It's cheap components and corner cutting by some manufacturers. The chip hits boost clocks, but the other components can't handle it. But there is no way for it to know so it crashes...

Last edited:
Soldato
Just checked my Palit 3090 and thank god its got 2 x MLCC caps! I wouldn't have expected MSI to have cheaped out on this part. Wonder if the Trio is the same??

Soldato
My TUF (non OC) card arrived today from OCUK, and it has all 6 banks fitted with MLCC. Totally unawares about any of this until about 30 mins ago. Shocking stuff.
I paid £690 for the TUF, so kudos to Asus. Funnily enough I wanted the MSI Trio, but thought I stood a better chance getting the Asus, due to MSI's popularity.

Soldato
My TUF (non OC) card arrived today from OCUK, and it has all 6 banks fitted with MLCC. Totally unawares about any of this until about 30 mins ago. Shocking stuff.
I paid £690 for the TUF, so kudos to Asus. Funnily enough I wanted the MSI Trio, but thought I stood a better chance getting the Asus, due to MSI's popularity.

Glad to hear. DPD are delivering mine in the morning (Sat) :D

Associate
I also have this problem with the Ventus OC version, didn’t seem to have problems with benchmarks and some games, but others crashed within a minute or so.
Games where this is repeatable are AC Origins and Metro Exodus.
I’ve applied a 100 under clock, and a small undervolt using MSI Afterburner. 1 or 2 frame hit to performance maybe, at least on fire strike ultra.
Just tried both games this morning, and no crashes so far. Seems to have fixed it.

Associate
I also have this problem with the Ventus OC version, didn’t seem to have problems with benchmarks and some games, but others crashed within a minute or so.
Games where this is repeatable are AC Origins and Metro Exodus.
I’ve applied a 100 under clock, and a small undervolt using MSI Afterburner. 1 or 2 frame hit to performance maybe, at least on fire strike ultra.
Just tried both games this morning, and no crashes so far. Seems to have fixed it.
This might be worth a watch to explain the issue in detail for you.
https://youtu.be/GPFKS8jNNh0

Back
Top Bottom