DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Associate
update still no word back from Natalie about management changing my repair bill. supposedly theyve been trying to reduce the repair cost or have them waived since the 22nd or 23rd of february.... this is annoying as this is holding up my process for getting my new laptop :( come on MSI just waive the repair cost so i can pay for the new laptop already.

just got an email from Natalie, all repair cost have been waived and sent me the bank details for the payment. Thank you Natalie!

i'm goin to the bank to send the payment in about an hour. HELL YEAH! "austin 316 style"

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thread started Aug 26, 2016 at 1:06 AM, over 6 months later I receive my upgrade.

I've been insulted by MSI.

I've been lied about by MSI.

I've received legal threats from MSI.

OVER SIX MONTHS TO GET WHAT I ORIGINALLY ASKED FOR.

What MSI advertised in the upgrade program.

Six months of giving various customers various pricing.

Six months of threats made to others involved in the trade-in program.

Six months without MSI UK Notebook even acknowledging the 2nd upgradability promise (the US class action has taken this into account).

The GT73VR 7RF-286 is now for sale.

If anyone is involved in the program or has a GT72 or GT80 and would like further advice feel free to get in touch msimxmshame[@]gmail[.]com

Associate
Thread started Aug 26, 2016 at 1:06 AM, over 6 months later I receive my upgrade.

Six months without MSI UK Notebook even acknowledging the 2nd upgradability promise (the US class action has taken this into account).

If anyone is involved in the program or has a GT72 or GT80 and would like further advice feel free to get in touch msimxmshame[@]gmail[.]com

congrats for getting your new laptop, im assuming its working fine with no problems...

i've sent my payment yesterday should post to MSI today or tomorrow as i paid extra £30 for priority payment. so hopefully depending on when MSI get the payment i might get the new machine later this week or next week.

Associate
OP
congrats for getting your new laptop, im assuming its working fine with no problems...

No idea, haven't even opened the box.

i've sent my payment yesterday should post to MSI today or tomorrow as i paid extra £30 for priority payment. so hopefully depending on when MSI get the payment i might get the new machine later this week or next week.

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Associate
No idea, haven't even opened the box.

Fingers crossed for you mate.

damm i wanted to know if the laptop came with anything extra like free game or anything. im assuming a free game will come because of nvidia usually gives a free came for certain graphics cards. well anyway good luck on selling it.

i just hope everything goes smooth with the payment, as i forgot to put a reference on it, i emailed Natalie and told her, and attached a copy of the confirmation for the payment. so i hope it will be ok and i can get the new laptop soon. i think now i know that the laptop will be here soon its going to make the wait even longer lol

Associate
damm i wanted to know if the laptop came with anything extra like free game or anything. im assuming a free game will come because of nvidia usually gives a free came for certain graphics cards. well anyway good luck on selling it.

i just hope everything goes smooth with the payment, as i forgot to put a reference on it, i emailed Natalie and told her, and attached a copy of the confirmation for the payment. so i hope it will be ok and i can get the new laptop soon. i think now i know that the laptop will be here soon its going to make the wait even longer lol

register your machine with MSI and they will give you free game .. see here .

Associate
That would be a ridiculously poor show considering we purchased the new notebooks.
but you paid for an upgrade against the cost of an MXM .. in theory you have had you original laptop and may of got games with that ., after all you have not paid full price for a laptop from the MXM upgrade . but nothing stopping you from trying i guess . its only a guess why someones registration didn't go through .

some just want there cake and eat it with a cherry on top .

Associate

The MSI will rip that Aorus you have a new one . its power is exceedingly better than the Aorus . and ....and ....and .........................................................AND .................................AND ......AND .....AND ....ITS .........................MXM ......;)

Associate
OP
but you paid for an upgrade against the cost of an MXM .. in theory you have had you original laptop and may of got games with that ., after all you have not paid full price for a laptop from the MXM upgrade . but nothing stopping you from trying i guess . its only a guess why someones registration didn't go through .

some just want there cake and eat it with a cherry on top .

OK, I'll make this simple as you appear challenged by the situation.

The games given free with new laptops apply to GPU within the laptop, not the laptop itself. Have a look at comparable desktop GPU's and you'll see they have the same games free.

Most paid over the cost of an actual pascal GPU, so it's double the thumb in the eye from MSI to them.

And yeah, GT73VR with a 1070 'may' out perform my AORUS, but there's a feeling of reassurance of having a notebook from a company that has not mis-sold their products and then lied in the program meant to fix the mis-selling.

Associate
register your machine with MSI and they will give you free game .. see here .

thanks you killswitch.

benny succeeded in getting a code though. i will just assume i was declined because i filled something out wrong or they knew about my fiasco at the time

try to get the game again see if it will work, or if it doesn't try contacting msi and see what they say. I agree with Misjah the free games are for the gpu upgrades and since we paid for the upgrades it should be treated the same as purchasing the new laptops flat out.

also if they refuse for whatever reason, isn't this another case of false advertisement on MSI part? i'm sure if MSI won't honor the free games nvidia wouldnt be pleased with it. just my opinion.

also today is that last day the money should be cleared if it hasn't already. so hopefully i will hear back from MSI about the shipping label and new laptop being shipped out. i bought a new 960 evo 1tb to replace the ssd for the new gt73vr. i ordered that yesterday and it will be here in about an hour just got the text for 1 hour delivery window, and ordering a external blu ray burner now as the new machine has no optical drive. god i hope the new laptop comes soon and works lol

Associate
thanks you killswitch.

try to get the game again see if it will work, or if it doesn't try contacting msi and see what they say. I agree with Misjah the free games are for the gpu upgrades and since we paid for the upgrades it should be treated the same as purchasing the new laptops flat out.

also if they refuse for whatever reason, isn't this another case of false advertisement on MSI part? i'm sure if MSI won't honor the free games nvidia wouldnt be pleased with it. just my opinion.

i can't actually try again it won't let me.

Associate
says invoice date invalid. and i can't change the date of purchase. i'm guessing they don't like me much atm because of what happened between us lol.

sorry, best chance is to email msi and talk with them, regardless of what happened, if you really want the free game that is. otherwise o well lol

Back
Top Bottom