DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Associate
I've been cc'd in the emails between HID and MSI USA and received this this morning:
"Yes, we would act as the facilitator. Customer would have to pay two ways shipping. We can handle the payment to MSI and collect payment from customer."
So it looks as though they want me to pay 2 lots of shipping as well! I knew they were going to pull my pants down with this trade in. The prices are only marginally better than the UK ones if memory serves.

Associate
I've been cc'd in the emails between HID and MSI USA and received this this morning:
"Yes, we would act as the facilitator. Customer would have to pay two ways shipping. We can handle the payment to MSI and collect payment from customer."
So it looks as though they want me to pay 2 lots of shipping as well! I knew they were going to pull my pants down with this trade in. The prices are only marginally better than the UK ones if memory serves.

lol your model had more upgrades than mine... mine was 8gb ram and 128gb ssd no raid, 1tb+ ssd (not sure if I had the 8gb version of graphics either I had 4gb one...) so you have a worse deal than me but a better laptop?

@Loki @natarie LOL cmon ^^^ sort him out

also do not PAY SHIPPING it's NOT your fault that you have to return this due to not being able to upgrade the laptop yourself.

look mate just go on twitter/facebook whatever get your message across there (but PLEASE be polite and stick to the truth, then they can't threaten you or delete your comments and any delay or bad decisions in resolving your case will be in full view of the public over about what crazy amounts of views here already).

edit for my model I paid (LOL just seen I had a 4th series CPU also you have a 5th....)

yea they are really under valuing your laptop considering I paid way less than the 800 or so quoted to you.

£1,374.74 on 01/04/2015

MSI GT72 2QE (Dominator Pro)-682UK, Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ Quad £1,145.62 £1,145.62 £229.12 20.00

Core Processor, 17.3" Full HD Screen, Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit, 8GB

DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD + 1000GB HDD, DVD Rewriter, Dedicated

GeForce GTX 980M 4GB Graphics, USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth | DisplayPort,

2 Year MSI Warranty, 9S7-178131-682

I went from MSI GT72 2QE (Dominator Pro) to GT73VR 7RF (they did send a 6RF but that had a ****** manufacture issue or some crap where it just constantly black screened I was FUMING).

Associate
OP
lol your model had more upgrades than mine... mine was 8gb ram and 128gb ssd no raid, 1tb+ ssd (not sure if I had the 8gb version of graphics either I had 4gb one...) so you have a worse deal than me but a better laptop?

Same here 'B' grade GT72 2QE, i7-4720HQ, 8GB, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 980M 4GB to GT73VR 7RF for less than £500.

look mate just go on twitter/facebook whatever get your message across there (but PLEASE be polite and stick to the truth, then they can't threaten you or delete your comments and any delay or bad decisions in resolving your case will be in full view of the public over about what crazy amounts of views here already).

Oh they do ban you from their social media. Especially facebook when you point out that some of MSI UK Notebook's reviews are posted by Taiwanese MSI staffers. Then they claimed I was abusive to the UK team (hint, I wasn't, I was annoyed they were ripping people off and lying about it).

I went from MSI GT72 2QE (Dominator Pro) to GT73VR 7RF (they did send a 6RF but that had a ****** manufacture issue or some crap where it just constantly black screened I was FUMING).

Yep, I'll second this. He was very ******.

The guy MSI UK Notebook sent a GT83VR with GTX 1080's instead of with 1070's was quite pleased though.....until MSI threatened to call the police to recover the unit.

Associate
I've replied this morning. Internet is not great where I am at the minute, but I have basically asked for a reason why my offer is considerably more than other people's, especially as my laptop is worth more. I will post their reply whe I get it, but judging from their language I feel that another offer won't be given. We will see though. I'm willing to take it to court and fight for my money back if needs be. I think it's a disgrace the way they treat people to be honest.

Associate
OP
I've replied this morning. Internet is not great where I am at the minute, but I have basically asked for a reason why my offer is considerably more than other people's, especially as my laptop is worth more. I will post their reply whe I get it, but judging from their language I feel that another offer won't be given. We will see though. I'm willing to take it to court and fight for my money back if needs be. I think it's a disgrace the way they treat people to be honest.

Could you find out the costs to take to the small claims court and if costly we could crowdfund it with people in the UK affected?

One successful case would demonstrate to others that this is a proactive method.

MSI screwed over its customer base, legally fighting back would put MSI in its place and provide customers with closure.

Associate
Received this evening...
"Normally we offer shipping the new laptop to the customer, but we do not ship outside of the region. Hence that where HIDevolution came in to act as the middleman to forwarding the package to you. There is no profit for HIDevolution doing this service, so they will have to charge you for shipping the package outside of the region.

The model you have is a Barebone model, we're trying to match the best possible spec. If our offering laptop spec doesn’t not match your spec, you can keep the extra parts. For example. This new laptop only have 16gb rams and your old laptop have 32gb, you can keep the extra 16gb of ram went sending in your laptop.

It's hard to use your custom laptop to compare to other pre-configured laptops. The price offer in the charts is already at a discounted rated, you're not paying full price for newer laptop.

You may skip this trade in and waiting for the 2nd generation GPU trade in when it's available.

Thank you for choosing MSI!"

Associate
OP
Received this evening...
"Normally we offer shipping the new laptop to the customer, but we do not ship outside of the region. Hence that where HIDevolution came in to act as the middleman to forwarding the package to you. There is no profit for HIDevolution doing this service, so they will have to charge you for shipping the package outside of the region.

The model you have is a Barebone model, we're trying to match the best possible spec. If our offering laptop spec doesn’t not match your spec, you can keep the extra parts. For example. This new laptop only have 16gb rams and your old laptop have 32gb, you can keep the extra 16gb of ram went sending in your laptop.

It's hard to use your custom laptop to compare to other pre-configured laptops. The price offer in the charts is already at a discounted rated, you're not paying full price for newer laptop.

You may skip this trade in and waiting for the 2nd generation GPU trade in when it's available.

I'd send a quick reply asking why they have not answered the question asked about why other with lesser specs are paying less than you are, by some margin too.

Associate
OP

Hey @Loki you lying piece of crud. Where was my option of waiting for the 2nd gen upgrade MSI told the press?

I wonder how many of the other UK people would have taken the trade for this gen, if MSI UK Notebook had not lied about the second gen option?

MSI - Maximum S****Y Interactions.

Last edited:
Associate
This is not going as smooth as I had hoped lol. I have asked why they have not answered my question, as this is the first thing that struck me too. Not only that but why would I want to pay £885 to keep a 16gb stick of ram and an m.2 ssd? They have my specs, so whether or not it was bare bones or not, it was not when I bought it. I have also asked what else I get to keep. I would want the CPU and 980M for that offer as well!

Last edited:
Associate
@tropicola @MiSJAH
Can I ask a favour and get your models and specs to email this fool back with please lol, he has replied with the following;
"I really have no idea what spec and model of those two people you spoke with about the trade in. Can you provide me their models and their trade offer models? Did they have the same spec and model as you? Did they choose an equivalent model or downgrade model for cheaper price? Did they trade their laptop in the US TRADE IN Program too?

I had customer that choose a cheaper trade in model just to save money. So their laptop is a lesser upgrade from their trade laptop.

Associate
OP
@tropicola @MiSJAH
Can I ask a favour and get your models and specs to email this fool back with please lol, he has replied with the following;
"I really have no idea what spec and model of those two people you spoke with about the trade in. Can you provide me their models and their trade offer models? Did they have the same spec and model as you? Did they choose an equivalent model or downgrade model for cheaper price? Did they trade their laptop in the US TRADE IN Program too?

I had customer that choose a cheaper trade in model just to save money. So their laptop is a lesser upgrade from their trade laptop.

OK, let's be clear I went from a 'B' grade (aka a returned to retailer machine) and upgraded to the most expensive single GPU edition of the GT73VR:

VIBBtKv.png

PM me an email address and I'll forward the originals if you like?

Associate
MSI seem the shady-ist bunch of buggers, in a utopian world overclockers would stop selling those ******s products. Glad I read this before I bought a new laptop.

We could really do with all GT model owners seeing this and really putting pressure on MSI, even if i do get the resolution i want (a reasonable upgrade cost or full refund), there will be many owners that do not even know this is a thing. I will be steering clear of anything MSI related after this has ended.

Associate
OP
We could really do with all GT model owners seeing this and really putting pressure on MSI, even if i do get the resolution i want (a reasonable upgrade cost or full refund), there will be many owners that do not even know this is a thing. I will be steering clear of anything MSI related after this has ended.

And retailers eh @Gibbo ;)

Associate
An update: HID have offered to pay the postage costs this time only, so if a repair is required under warranty i will have to pay for shipping myself. I don't really mind that tbh though as i only get 12 months, and my current GT72 hasn't had any problems at all. Still no word from MSI though after i sent your figures @MiSJAH

Associate
After i asked for an update regarding my ticket yesterday, MSI have replied with:

"I’m discussing this with our International Team for more info. I will get back to you about this case."

And as above HID have told me:

"After taking up your case to my manager I got the approval to cover the shipping cost this one time if you can come to an agreement with MSI on the trade in. However we won’t be able to provide you in the future with the free 2 way shipping label on the replacement system in case if you ever have to send it in for a warranty repair."

So it seems kicking up a bit of a fuss has pushed it further up the chain and maybe someone can answer the questions i have put forward. I'm still not entirely sure they will improve upon their offer though.

Associate
OP
An update: HID have offered to pay the postage costs this time only, so if a repair is required under warranty i will have to pay for shipping myself. I don't really mind that tbh though as i only get 12 months, and my current GT72 hasn't had any problems at all. Still no word from MSI though after i sent your figures @MiSJAH

Keep chasing them over the prices.

The postage thing is complete BS, in the UK MSI covered the cost of postage (after all, this is MSI's screw up and not yours/ours).

Associate
now my new replacement wont charge or recognise the cable :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hope it's just the cable, would order a new one as a test but can't find a place online that doesn't look like chinese fake ones that set your house on fire XD and they are like 120+.....

i've opened a thread tagged nat/loki and logged a support ticket..... see if this takes 6 months or not to resolve... hoping it isn't another 2-4 week RMA where they try charge me again XD

anyway see how this goes.... if anyone knows of a reputable power supply vendor let me know.... overclockers sell them perhaps? willing to buy one and test it to avoid RMA the machine if it's just the power cable but I doubt it, it hardly moves from my desk....

Associate
Keep chasing them over the prices.

The postage thing is complete BS, in the UK MSI covered the cost of postage (after all, this is MSI's screw up and not yours/ours).
I guess the problem is because i am based in the UK but it's going through US trade in? So there is international postage and possibly import duty? No idea, but i'm not about to pay either. Still no reply from MSI after 10 days, i will give them until Wednesday and send a follow up, it will then have been 12 days since i have heard any reputable response.

Associate
I guess the problem is because i am based in the UK but it's going through US trade in? So there is international postage and possibly import duty? No idea, but i'm not about to pay either. Still no reply from MSI after 10 days, i will give them until Wednesday and send a follow up, it will then have been 12 days since i have heard any reputable response.

Sounds an awful experience. TBH, after 2-3 days, I'd have been chasing it up. If they've not replied after 10 days, another 2 is unlikely to make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom