• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI N480GTX Lightning

Caporegime
Seemingly has actually clocked higher than other cards but, theres loads that have done 1250-1350, this one did 1425, benchmarking, woo, home use, meh.

Its supposed to be $550, so at least its not a £1000 ridiculous pile of turd, I'd still bet that ends up as £450-500 here.

Whose going to choose 1x 480gtx msi for air cooling where it will perform the same, over 2x470gtx's which will probably cost less? Too late in the game, really just emergency offerings from Nvidia. THe question is, does the fact people are making uber clocking version of a 480gtx signal that a full 512shader part is never ever coming?

Associate
the Power connectors actually make sense

the 6 pin is purely for the memory and we've seen the GTX 480 can easily use over 400w when overclocked and dual 8 pins + slot = 375w

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Too late in the game, really just emergency offerings from Nvidia.

how is it?

its an msi non reference design card.
i doubt that nvidia had much to do with the design of this card otherwise it would be rolled out with all the other board partners

if anything its too late in the game from MSI

Associate
Nice to see more gtx 480's coming with non referance cooling so you can clock them far higher and keep some reasonable temps. At the time I purchased mine the only option was the AMP. IMO the more choice the better and standard coolers on GFX cards from both camps for some reason are always crap. I always thought it was so they could milk the consumer all over again for the same card for the must have brigade , but maybe thats me just being cynical.

Back
Top Bottom